Chapter 16

I get home from Best Buy only to see Nathan sitting down in my living room. I roll my eyes and turn around to walk back out. He quickly gets up and takes the security system from me.

“Give me that.” I say as I try to take it away from him.

“No, not going to happen. You’re really not letting this go are you?” he sighs as he puts the box down on the floor. I shake my head. “Why?” he asks.

“Did you just ask me why? I can't believe you have the audacity to ask me why. You practically call me a liar not even 3 hours ago.” I bellow. How dare he?

“I didn’t call you a liar Gwen.” he raises his voice at me. He want to get loud, oh he doesn’t know what’s he’s in for.

“Shut the fuck up! You assumed it though!” shout louder. He gets up and grabs a hold of me.

“Don’t fucking shout at me.” he grits through his teeths. I feel his grip gets tighter, and I try to wiggle out, but can’t. I kick his shin and he lets me go.

“What the fuck!” he cries out. I run to get the box and I run up the stairs to my room. I lock my door, now he can’t get to me. I hear steps near my door and sit against my door. Maybe I shouldn’t have kicked him, but he wasn’t going to let go anytime soon.

“Gwen open the fucking door!” he shouts as he bangs on the door. I’m not going to open the door, not today, not tomorrow, not ever as long as he’s in my house. I hear him sigh and slide down the door.

“Gwen we need to talk please open the door.” he says much more calm. I shake my head like if he can see.

“No, please leave. There is no point in you being here. I’m not going to talk with you about this.” I say and lean my head on the door. How did everything get so fucked up? All I did was tell him what Ariane did. How can he get so worked up like that. He said he has no feelings towards her, yet he defends her. He obviously has feelings for her. I sigh and punch the wall. I grab my hand and close my eyes. That hurt more than I thought it would.

“Gwen are you ok?” he asks and I ignore him. “Gwen answer me. Are you ok?” he asks again. I snort.

“No I’m not ok Nathan!” I shout. “I fucking want you out of my house!” I shout again.

“No need to shout! I can hear you perfectly fine!” he shouts back at me. I began to laugh and I hit my head on the door.

“Oh fucking hell.” I shout and grab my head. That hurt too. I can’t seem to catch a break. Today has been the worst day of my life so far.

“Gwen, please open the door babe.” he says almost in whisper. Did he just call me babe? I’m not his babe! I could’ve been if he wouldn’t have insinuated that I was a liar.

“I’m not your babe!” I shout. I hear him laugh. I hate him so much right now. I can’t even deal with him. “Nathan either you get out of my house or I will call the cops.” I lie, I won't actually call the cops on him , but I just want him out of the house. I get up and I hear a knock on the door. I look at my phone and it’s 2:36. It can’t be Brie she’s in class all day and nobody visits us. How am I going to open the door? Oh fuck this! I walk out of the room and I hear my step dad's voice. Oh No! I rush downstairs and see my dad talking with Nathan. Fuck!

“Hi dad” I say walking over giving him a hug. I find it weird he’s here he never visits me. I pull away and I see Nathan smiling at me. I can’t stand him right now.

“Gwen how have you been?” he asks looking over at Nathan. Oh no he better not ev- “I’ve met your boyfriend.” I shake my head and laugh.

“Him” I point to Nathan “Oh dad he’s not my boyfriend, he’s more like someone I want out of my damn house.”  I groan. “Dad make him leave” I say.

“Sir, I’m just here to check on Gwen we had a little argument earlier this morning. I wanted to make things better, but she’s being stubborn.” I gape at him. How dare he? This fucker. I shake my head and walk back upstairs.

“Gwen get back here.” My dad calls me back down.

“I don’t want to be in the same room as him.” I motion my head over at Nathan. I see my dad look over at Nathan and give him the look he used to give me when he wanted me leave. Nathan just stood there like an idiot. Oh god he’s so stupid.

“That look means leave dumbass.” I laugh at him. He nods and walks out of my place.

“Finally!” I exclaim. My dad gives me a hard gaze. Oh no I’m in trouble..

“Sit down” he motions me to sit down. I hate Nathan!

“What the hell was all that? Why did he say you had to change when he opened the door.?” He did what? Oh he’s so dead.

“Dad it’s not what you are thinking. I didn’t do anything with him.” I say looking him straight in the eyes because I know if I look away he will think I’m lying. He nods.

“Ok well then why would he say that?” he continues with his questions.

“I don’t know” I shrug.

“Well I’m just going to say.” I cut him off.

“You are old enough to know what you're doing. I know dad." He shakes his head and sighs.

“You’ll never change huh?” I smile at his word. Nope I won’t change. I like the way I am. Plus he’s my dad he has to love me no matter what.

“So I know spring break is coming up and, I was wondering if you wanted to fly out to Mexico with us.” he says and I smile.

“Where in Mexico?”

“Cancun.” he says. Cancun, I want to go to Cancun. Why not hell I deserve a break.

“I’m down. When do we leave?” I say as I get my phone out and check my calendar.

“This Sunday I hope.” he smiles warmly. Oh I love my step dad. Since my dad left us when I was seven years old, I hated every man that I saw. When my mom started to see Kurt, I hated him. I didn’t like him at all. He would try to get me to talk to him, but I refused to. I didn’t see the point I thought he would walk out on us too. As I got older I saw how much he help out my mom with me, he proposed to my mom when I was 10 and ever since he did I started to call him dad. Yes sometimes I do introduce him as my step dad, but I know damn well he’s more like an actual dad. He practically raised me, he helped me throughout my boy troubles believe it or not.

“Ok, count me in.” I smile back at him. I make sure to mark down on Sunday that I have to be at the airport. I don’t know what time but he said he would let me know by Saturday. Once he tells me how my mom is doing he goes on about baseball. Men and their sports. He actually took me to three baseball games when I was 10. One in New York and two in Miami. He says his goodbyes and leaves. I exhale loudly and throw myself down on couch. This day has been hell. It’s not even five and I just want to sleep. I have never been this stressed out in my life. Well except that one time I didn’t study for my Anatomy exam. I was sweating like a whore in church. I remember I still have to install the damn security system and I mentally curse at myself why didn’t I ask Burt? I groan and get up to get the box and do it myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: So double update!! Yay!! Sorry I didn't do it last week, but here it is. What ya think? Be honest with me, I really appreciate when you guys leave comments. Please vote, comment and fan!! Love ya babes!! xxxx