Part 49 - It Starts

Start from the beginning

"It's something I can't speak about freely, but trust me we will succeed because I am determined to help create a positive future for my babies." with that the topic switched over to the doctor explaining the machine around my belly.

"Well your babies must be very attached to you already Luna, when your body forcefully went into its sleep mode the babies went to sleep as well which worried Alpha so he brought you here. These two paddles," she touched the one on top left and bottom right, "measure the heart rate of the babies. The other two," she touched the top right and bottom left, "count movement. We just wanted to make sure they would keep moving and their heart rates would stay up." she smiled.

"How are you feeling my love?" Cain asked as he kissed my forehead.

"Honestly, fine but I am so sick and tired of always waking up in the hospital or tied to a god damn IV drip." I sigh as I sit back in bed to get comfortable. He chuckles at me as I get comfortable feeling the twins move around as the machine spikes up.

"I know my dear, it seems to be normal for you. Cain didn't destroy anything this time." his mom quipps from her side of the bed causing me to giggle a little at the teasing.

"After another ten minutes on the machine you are free to go Luna. Just please take it easy and no more stress on yourself please." the doctor advises as she takes off her gloves and walks out of the room. I nod and smile as everyone settles closer to me.

"You said part of the war has started, does that mean we are to late?" Cain asks, I shake my head no.

"No this just means its started. The rest of what I was told I cannot physically speak of but just know we need to do some monitoring of other packs around the world and find out what is happening to see if we can slow it down or stop what is happening. I know I'm on bed rest but we need to do something." I express, Cain kisses my hand again.

"I will talk with the council some more, you are being set up in our room on bed rest with anything and everything you will need at your disposal." Cain stated, leaving no room for argument. I was to tired to argue and I had just napped so I let him have his domineering moment without ruining it on him.

"Cousin, you go do what you need to do. I will assist your mother and my brother in making the preparations for Kat to be set up. Do not fret, we will take care of her." Andre smiles kindly as Cain reluctantly agrees. He kisses me gently once, then twice then a third time only deeper this time.

"I love you my darling, I will see you in a little while okay?" he smiles, I kiss his cheek and smile lovingly at him.

"Of course, I love you to baby." with one final squeeze of my hands he gets up and leaves the room. Andre and mom have a big smile on their faces.

"That was super adorable and cute Kat, that boy is absolutely head over heels in love with you. I can tell your just as taken with him as well. I could not have asked for a better daughter in law. Your family is going to be the cutest every, and no I am not being biased just because I am grandma." she winks with a devious smirk on her face.

"Yes grandma, now let's go get the bedroom set up so in ten minutes Kat will be comfortable." Andre helps mom to her feet and out the door. I smile at the love of my family and that makes me think of my choice. Good in the world, well I know here there is so much love and kindness, but then again if there is fighting somewhere, then its not all sunshine and rainbows in this world.

As if sensing my troubles the twins decide to start moving and kicking almost as if they are fighting. I giggle out loud thinking of them fighting inside, each demanding more room. As I close my eyes I wonder if I am having a boy and girl like most Alpha twins, or maybe I will be blessed with two girls. It's very rare to have twin boys because of the Alpha gene being passed to the first born boy but I would be blessed no matter what I have.

I start to doze off when I smell something strange, it's almost sweet yet tangy. It's nothing I've ever smelled before feeling uneasy I try and open my eyes but I can't. Feeling a wave of panic I try my powers but nothing happens. Moving my arms or legs is impossible as well, I can hear the beeping and feel the IV so I know I'm still in bed. I feel the paddles being taken off my belly as the twins still kick and move.

A very slurred conversation reaches my ears and I know then that something is not right. My first thought is I've been drugged, pulling all the strength I have I send a wave of panic through the bond before everything finally goes black and whatever drugs in my system knock me unconscious, AGAIN!!!

***** Well I have gotten back some ideas on how to finish this story so I hope everyone is ready to finish this story! LOL Its my bad for making you wait so long to finish it, and for that I am super duper sorry. Raising my own almost four year old twins, dealing with a ten year old who thinks she is sixteen and working full time is tiring during the good days but I wouldn't trade my life for anything. So cheers to everyone with their busy lives, cheers to the end of this story in the next three or four chapters and cheers to you if your still reading this!!! *****