Chapter 1

"Foolish of me to compete when you cheat with loose women
It took me some time, but now I moved on
Because I realized I've got
Me, myself, and I
That's all I got in the end
That's what I found out
And it ain't no need to cry
I took a vow that from now on, I'm gon' be my own best friend."
Beyoncé "Me, Myself and I"

Maia

"Do you know how long we've been asking God for a child of our own just for you to act like this is the worst thing to happen to us?" I remember screaming at my soon to be ex husband, Zahair. I made a special dinner to deliver the news about me being pregnant only for him to behave as if I intentionally ruined our time together. He's been repeatedly pacing back and forth with a worried look on his face.

"You don't understand."

"Then make me understand."

"Kayla is having my baby." Those 5 words shredded my heart into itty bitty pieces. We've been trying for 3 years. Even though it's not as long as some couples who've waited for decades, it was the dark cloud hovering over the two of us especially me because I was the scapegoat. The woman who played a part of breaking my home was only one person.

His secretary: Kayla Dawson.

A woman who I've invited over to my house for dinner.

A woman who I've gone to lunch with.

A woman who I've given relationship advice to.

A woman who I've come to like.

A woman who is beautiful and successful, but single. It all makes sense now because she was sleeping with my husband.

Well, he's not my husband anymore. I divorced his *ss, but not without a fight because he claimed:

"I did this for us."

"What?"

"I thought you couldn't have a baby, so I found someone we knew to have our baby." Is he listening to the nonsense coming out of his own mouth?

"After we were medically cleared? Without telling me? I know we've been thinking about adopting or getting a surrogate, but I thought we decided on IVF!"

"It was only one time!" I don't think care if it was 10 times, 1/2 of a time, or 25 seconds? Cheating is cheating. I don't know when we discussed our marriage was open to h*es coming in as baby making machines.

"When were you going to tell me? When she was about to deliver? Everytime I saw her stomach at the receptionist desk, I couldn't help but feel a little envious. I had to ask God to forgive me because I knew my time would come. I even touched her belly and bought her stuff for the baby only for me to find out it's my husband's seed inside her womb. Do you expect me to be able to live with this?" I cried in his face to make him see the pain he was inflicting onto my heart and soul. Looking at him, makes me want to strangle him and fall to my knees in despair at the same time.

"Yes, we can. We'll have the family we've always wanted. She won't even be in the picture." He attempted to convince me by taking my hands into his.

"No." For some reason, a smile crossed my face and a slight chuckle came over me.

" For some reason, a smile crossed my face and a slight chuckle came over me