88 | Elizabeth

Calum somehow bribed the nurse into letting him stay the night and we somehow got comfortable in the single hospital bed.

When I woke up the next morning, still laying sort of on top of Calum, sort of next to him, my legs were entangled with his. The morning sun rose up and it was shining through the house.

I was still exhausted like all my energy was drained away from me. My body was still so incredibly sore and hurting and I didn't sleep that well. I had flashbacks from everything that had happened two nights ago. I didn't feel like moving, so I didn't. I stayed there, studying Calum's face.

The little scruff he had on his chin because he hadn't shaved in the past two days. The stretch marks on his shoulders, followed by his tattoos. The way his chest was rising and falling and how the soft snores escaping his mouth calmed me down.

He woke up a few minutes later, turning his head a little to see me, with a smile laugh on my face.

"Mornin'," he said, his voice is really deep and scratchy. "Morning," I whispered back. "I want to shower," I said. I felt dirty. I haven't showered in two days and I just felt dirty because I know Tommy's hands have been on me. Calum nodded. "I'm not sure if you're allowed to shower alone," he said and I shrugged. "You've seen me naked a thousand times. I don't care." I said with a plain face but he shook his head. "I meant without a nurse, love. Because of all the wires and the bandages," he said.

"Oh.. Right," I said and I sat up a little and pushed the call button. "If a male nurse walks in, I'm kidnapping you to our hotel," Calum said as he quickly got out of the bed to not create an awkward situation.

I chuckled as we both waited for the nurse to come in. Quite a young nurse with blonde hair. "Good morning Elizabeth. How are you feeling?" she asked and I shrugged. "Better, I guess. I can go home today, right?" I asked and she nodded. "Yeah, we were just about to hook you off the machines and the doctor will come in an hour or so before you get discharged," she said and smiled as she walked closer, grabbing stuff to pull out the IV and get rid of the heart monitor.

"Is it possible for me to shower?" I asked her and she nodded. "Yeah, of course. I can help you with that," she said, but I shook my head. "Uh, is it - is it okay if he helps me?" I said, nodding at Calum. "I don't really feel comfortable being naked around strangers," I said and she nodded. "I understand, that's fine too. There's a call button in the shower if anything happens and we'll be here as fast as we can. Your wounds aren't that deep and only need to be cleaned with water. If you call me when you're done, I'll put new bandages one. Is that a deal?" she said and I nodded.

"Good," she said before throwing the IV away and disappearing with the rest.

"Let's go," Calum said. I threw my legs over the side of the bed and stood up. My legs were still so incredibly sore and standing kinda hurt. Calum wrapped his arm around my waist, supporting me. "You okay?" he said and I nodded. "I'm good."

We walked in the small bathroom and Calum locked the door. When I turned around I was faced with a large mirror, and it was the first time that I actually saw myself. There was a cut right above my eye and there was a bruise on my jaw. There were a few bruises on my throat as well.

I knew all too well how they got there, I could still feel his hand wrapped around it.

"You okay?" Calum asked again, but this time he almost whispered it. He was standing next to me, his hand on the small of my back. I shrugged. "I will be," I said.

I slowly got out of the hospital gown as Calum turned on the shower. I peeled off the bandages on my arm and noticed the cuts that were healing. After I threw that one away, I started to inspect the rest of my body. There were some bruises on my hips and my back, not to mention my legs.

I could remember him kicking me, hard, but that was about it.

Calum helped me get into the shower as I hold onto his hand. "Tell me when you can't stand any longer," he said and I nodded. "I feel like an old lady," I said, making him chuckle. "My old lady," he said. I let go of his hand and noticed that I could stand pretty good on my own as long as I didn't move too much.

"Need shampoo? Shower gel? Luke brought it over. He also brought some sweatpants and underwear and stuff." Calum said and I giggled. "So Luke went through my underwear, huh?" I said with a smirk.

Calum rolled his eyes. "He walked into us way too many times, he knows what your underwear looks like, love," he said and I giggled before grabbing the shampoo that Calum handed to me.

After the short shower that I had and the nurse put on some new bandages, I was waiting in my bed for the doctor to show up so I could finally get discharged.

"Have you thought about what to do next?" Calum said and I shrugged. "I don't know. I mean, I wanna come to Europe so bad but I know that lifestyle is going to kill me in the state I am now. But I don't want to leave you. You're the only thing in my life right now that makes sense, and that sounds really cheesy, but honestly." I said and sighed. "I'm scared to leave you."

Calum wrapped his arm around me. "I'm a phone call away. If I could reschedule the tour I would, but I can't and we have to leave tomorrow. Like I said yesterday, you could go to my - our place and come back to tour once you've fully healed up and you're mentally more okay." he said.

"Our place?" I whispered, looking at him. There was a twinkle in his eyes. "Our place," he said before pressing a kiss in my hair. "And you'll be with Duke," he said. I smiled at him. "We'll facetime every day right?" I said and he nodded. "Of course," he said.

"Okay. I'll go home. Just for a bit." I said, tears forming in my eyes. "We'll be okay too, right?" I asked. "Don't you ever doubt that. Remember what I promised you?" he said, his fingers playing with the necklace that had his promise ring on it.

"You won't ever hurt me or leave me," I whispered, curling up against his chest. "Never," he said. "Don't cry, love," he said, wiping away the tears with his thumb. "We're going to be just fine."

---------------------------

short and sOORrry for not uploading sooner i was ahaving a depressive episode lol sorry not sorry THERE U GO