103 | Elizabeth

He dropped his head to my shoulder as we both came down, loving the feeling of me in his arms, wrapped around him, slick, sweat skin skating across slick, sweaty skin.

The hand that had been scraping nails up and down his back - war wounds to be worn with pride meandered up to cup the back of his head, fingers smoothing through his hair.

"I'm squashing you," he mumbled into my skin, but I kissed his temple and tightened my legs around his waist, holding him close.

"All good," I whispered back.

Using his elbows to hold his weight, he lifted his head just enough so that he could gaze down at me, mussed and spent, my hair a wild halo around me on the pillow.

"You okay?" he asked, nudging my nose with his.

My eyes were squeezed shut, and It wasn't until he began dusting feather-light kisses across my face that I opened them on a choked laugh.

It was only then that the tears I had been holding at bay ran freely down the sides of my face, towards my ears. He carefully shifted so he could reach one hand up to wipe them away before they got too far.

I nodded, looking down at his mouth and biting my lip, before raising them up to meet his eyes again. He swooped down to kiss me once, twice, unable to help himself when I did that, but then rested his forehead against mine, waiting me out rather than losing himself in me again.

He was rewarded a moment later as I hesitantly began to speak. "I just... Do you ever wonder how we ended up here? I'm so fucking in love with you and I wish we could be in moments like this forever. I'm happy." I whispered.

He grabbed my waist, carefully switching places so that he was on his back and I was resting on his chest. He kissed my temple.

"I'm really fucking happy you caught my ring and it didn't go to the lost and found instead," he whispered before kissing my lips softly.

----------

this is it. the end of book one. ill post the first chapter of the sequel IN THIS BOOK! i will also post it in the second book. its called track and trace and is a follow up of this story :)

TRACK AND TRACE IS OUT NOW! GO PUT IT IN YA LIBRARY FOLKS! 

please go to my profile to put the NEW BOOK in your library so you get updates :)