32 | Elizabeth

"Sit still!"

"I can't! It tickles!" Calum squeaked, laughing as I smeared the face mask on his face.

"You are a baby, stop whining," I said, continuing spreading the stuff all on his face, making sure not to put it in his eyes or on his lips.

"Can I put it on your face as well?" he said, grabbing the tube from my hand and squirting it on his hands. "I don't really have a choice, do I?" I said and looked up to him.

"Nah," he said, dipping his fingers in the green mess on his hand and carefully smearing it out on my face.

As he was rubbing it out on my cheeks, his clean thumb stroked my lips. I wasn't sure if he did that by accident or not, but it felt electric.

Calum took a look at me. "You look absolutely -" "Hot?" I cut him off.

He shook his head. "Ridiculous, you look fucking ridiculous," he said, grabbing a towel to clean his hands. I raised my eyebrow. "Have you seen yourself?" I said, grabbing my phone from the nightstand and opening the selfie-mode of my camera, turning it to him.

"Fuckin' lime green." He said. I laughed at the way the bright green looked on his tan skin. "At least we look ridiculous together," he said, putting my phone away and grabbing the remote to switch the television to Netflix.

"Okay, genre?" he asked. "Comedy, I need some humor in my life right now," I said as I grabbed the bowl of popcorn and the bottle of wine we'd ordered from room service.

Calum scrolled through the comedy movies and stopped at a movie called What If. I recognized Daniel Radcliffe. "This one?" he asked. He opened up the details.

Wallace, who is burned out from a string of failed relationships, forms an instant bond with Chantry, who lives with her longtime boyfriend. Together, they puzzle out what it means if your best friend is also the love of your life.

"Yeah, sounds good," I said and he smiled, pressing play as I opened up the wine and filled up two glasses and gave him one.

"Is that mask supposed to burn?" he asked. "Yeah, it's supposed to burn your face off. You'll end up looking like Red Skull from Marvel. It'll look good on you." I tell him and he pushed my shoulder.

"You're killing me, woman." He said. We talked for a bit until it was time to take the face masks off. Calum had already made himself comfortable in bed as I threw the towel we had used to dry our faces with over a chair. 

The movie was good, like, really good. As the caption said, it was about two people who became best friends but begin having deeper feelings for each other. Neither of them wanted to admit it, scared that they would ruin this good thing they had going. She eventually moved to Dublin, far away from the guy, but he showed up at their doorstep and yadda yadda, happy ending.

I couldn't help but look over at Calum every now and again during the movie. For some reason, I couldn't stop thinking about waking up in his arms this morning. The scene was on repeat in my head. The way his muscled, tattoed arm was holding me, the way our legs were tangled underneath the sheets and the warmth his body was radiating.

This movie punched me in the gut.

Maybe because it was so similar to our situation. Was it really, though? Did I really have feelings for Calum? Did Calum really have feelings for me?

The end credits started to roll and I looked over at Calum again. The bottle of wine was lying empty on the floor, and halfway through the movie, we both started to lie down and watch it, instead of sitting up.

It was late and the alcohol in our blood wasn't helping us either fighting the battle against sleep.

Calum turned on his side and so did I.

"That was a good movie," he said. I nodded. "It was," I whispered.

Calum bit his lips and I looked down. "I don't want to leave tomorrow," I said.

"Then stay," he whispered. I shook my head. "You know I can't. I have school." I wish I could stay, and travel the world with him and go to all their shows. But I can't.

"I'm going to miss you. Skype and calling you just isn't the same thing."

"I know. But we'll see each other after the tour, just like you said. I can show you around Boston" I said.

He smiled at me. "Promise?" he whispered. I nodded. "I promise," I whispered back. Calum lifted up his hand, bringing it to my face, his thumb stroking my cheek softly.

My eyes on him, his on me, and both of us watching, breathing, both of us exhausted. He was getting closer, now only a few centimeters apart. "If you want me to stop, tell me now," he whispered. I didn't say anything. Calum closed his eyes, but mine were still open. I could still pull back, but I never did.

Suddenly, his lips were on mine. He kissed me gently, carefully, like he wasn't sure if he was doing the right thing. He tasted like a combination of wine and cigarettes. It wasn't that long, and it certainly wasn't the kind of kiss you see in movies these days, but it was sweet, it was so effortlessly sweet.

After a moment, our lips parted, and I opened my eyes to find his. His sleepy gaze lures into mine.

This was what people meant when they said the earth stopped turning. It felt like a world outside of this hotel room that moment didn't exist. It was just us.

The tiredness I was feeling before was gone, it had disappeared. I slowly sat up. Both of us weren't really sure what just happened, or knew what to say to each other.

Just like in the goddamn movie we watched half an hour ago, everything got awkward after the kiss. "I'm sorry," I whispered, climbing out of his kingsize bed.

He sat up as well, seeing me getting out of his bed. "Liz -" he started. I was grabbing my keycard and the shoes that I had kicked out at the beginning of the evening. I turned around to see Calum sitting up in the bed, beaten.

"I'm sorry, I - I shouldn't have done that," he said. I couldn't manage to find the right words to say. My head was a mess and nothing was making sense anymore. So I turned back around and walked out of his room, leaving him behind in confusion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well there u go the first kiss lmAooaoOo im sorry