22 | Elizabeth

The bright lights grew dim and the crowd went wild as Ashton Irwin walked up the stage and took his place behind the drums.

The familiar intro of Babylon started playing and before I knew it, the lights were back, now flashing to the rhythm of the music that grew louder.

I was totally having flashbacks from the concert in Boston, the first time I saw the boys live.

The big difference between then and now is that for starters, I'm standing at the barricade, and Calum Hood flew me out here.

Thanks to the interview being delayed by two hours, making the boys push their soundcheck as well, I didn't get a chance to see Calum before the show, but the security who kept following me around all day made sure I was standing at the barricade at Calums side.

My eyes needed some time to adjust to all of the flashing lights, but then I saw him.

Calum freaking Hood.

He was wearing the usual black skinny jeans and a Bordeaux blouse and I was so, so close to him.

During the intro he focused on his bass, not looking in the big crowd that often, but when he started singing I noticed his eyes scanning the first rows, locking into mine after a few.

I thought we had a place, just our place, our home place, my headspace

The biggest smile came across my face, and even though he couldn't smile at this moment because he was too busy trying not to fuck up his solo, I could see the happiness in his eyes.

You'd think that after months of skyping and face timing I was used to seeing his face, but this was different. This was real. Now he wasn't a timezone away from me anymore, he was here.

The rest of the show was fantastic and went by way too fast. Staring at Calum for two hours, singing along to all the songs and chitchatting with the girls next to me during the short break in between had been another amazing experience that topped the Boston concert.

But then the drums faded away and the boys got together in the middle of the stage, bowing down deeply before thanking everyone for coming. Ashton threw his drumsticks into the crowd and shortly after they left the stage.

I wasn't sure what to do now.

The fans were slowly leaving the room as I was still standing at the barricade. I couldn't exactly just jump over it and run after the boys, no one except that one security guard and the boys knew who I was. I'd get arrested before I could even reach the door to the green room.

I kept standing there, feeling extremely uncomfortable because everyone was leaving and I was still clutching to the barricade.

After a while, when most of the fans left, I finally saw someone I recognized. It was Jeff, Calum's bodyguard. "Hey, Elizabeth," he said, smiling at me. "Cal is backstage in the green room, he asked me to find you," he said and tapped on the barricade.

I nodded.

Jeff helped me climb over the barricade and I followed him backstage.

There were a lot of people backstage, most of them didn't even bother to look up when Jeff and I walked by. Some were busy with tech, others were dragging around guitars cases. Something pink caught my eye and I looked over to see Crystal Leigh sitting on a sound system, talking to what I assumed was Michael. I could only see him from his back, but the fainted pink hair gave it away.

Crystal noticed me staring as I walked by and waved at me as I smiled back at her. "Here you go." Jeff said, nodding at the door that said 'Greenroom'. I heard people laughing and talking inside, and I could definitely hear Cal's voice.

"Thanks, Jeff," I said.

Jeff was a man of few words, what didn't help my anxiety at all. I assumed I could just walk into the green room.

So I did.

The green room was simple, it had two couches in it and a table with refreshments and some towels. One of the couches was facing the door, and I saw Luke and Sierra looking up at me. "Ah, Cal, I think she belongs to you," Luke spoke.

Calum jumped up from his couch and before I knew it, his strong arms were around me, hugging me so tightly I was having trouble breathing.

"Hey," he said

"Hey," I said, wrapping my arms around my best friend. "You stink."

"Don't care," he said, not letting me go just yet.