"Did you sleep well, love?" he asked in a mocking tone as he placed the firewood down on the ground and turned to look at me.

"As well as I could.." I murmured and a small frown appeared on his face.

"I'm not owning a fucking expensive hotel. So be grateful I didn't let you sleep under the ground." he hissed and walked past me.

"I didn't mean it like that." I pouted and he chuckled lightly.

"Sure." he sarcastically said and continued to walk down the way he came from.

Without thinking, I followed him and almost hit my face with a thin branch of a tree. He chuckled again and I rolled my eyes. I didn't know why I wanted to be around him. Maybe because I didn't want to be alone. Or maybe because I wanted to know more about him. Or maybe because I wanted to find out why that little voice inside my head told me to stay with him and not run.

"Did you really eat my friends?" I asked, my voice shakey.

He let a snort and I felt somehow dumb for asking him something like that. But I have to say that I believed him when he said he still had enough food before he would eat me. I mean, I saw their bodies burning into a ashes but still, what if he did eat them after that?

"Why would I do that?" he laughed and turned his head to look at me with amused eyes.

"You said it." I said slowly, narrowing my eyes at him.

"I don't eat humans." he took a step towards me. "I kill them."

"Why?" I asked in a small voice and he smirked.

"Since when did we become best friends?" he raised a brow.

"I didn't s-say it like that.."

"Stop talking." he snapped and turned his back at me and started walking again.

"Sor-"

"What did I say?!" he yelled and paused, making me froze.

I gulped and bit my lower lip, a wave of fear washing through me. He took a deep breath and glanced at me from his shoulder, making me shiver. He smirked and looked forward, taking some quick steps.

I followed him in silence, too afraid to say something. He was humming a tune, a very familiar tune. It was so weird, listening to a murdered humming a happy tune while he's probably planning how to kill you, and the worst part? I kinda liked it.

My tracks came into a halt when I heard an evil laugh from the distance, a really creepy one. My eyes widened and I looked around me, scanning every possible place that person I just heard laughing could be hiding.

He noticed me standing still and turned around to look at me, a thoughtful expression on his face. I felt like it wasn't just me and him. It felt like someone was watching, and it scared the shit out of me.

"What?" he asked, his tone harsh.

"I-I think I heard someone.." I stammered and he furrowed his brows in concetration.

I saw the way his face changed into a smirk and how his eyes focused on the top of my head. I furrowed my brows in confusion and then's when I felt a cold breath hitting the back of my neck, turning my blood cold.

"Look what's on your head." he nodded upwards.

I slowly looked up and brought my hands on my head, emmidiately regreting it when I felt a big, with many legs insect. I took a quick terrified glance at him to find him bitting his lower lip in order to hold back the laugh, as he watched me with amusement.