Chapter 3

As I walked to the catering room, I kept my head down, trying to hide the smile that insisted on popping up on my face. Because of the little incident yesterday, and Jared's tardiness this morning, the shooting was running late. This director was very methodical, so being on a schedule was just as important as the rest of the process. For that reason they decided to have a quick bite while they rested.

Plumbers were still working on Jared's dressing room, and by the look of it, it seemed like he would be hanging out with us a bit longer.

I was distracted within my thoughts, and when I crossed the double doors of the catering room, I saw Jared helping himself to some tea. I was surprised to see him there, since I was the one burdened with lunch. He looked at me from the corner of his eyes, curved his lip into a side smirk, and kept dunking the teabag into the searing water in his cup. God, he made tea brewing look sexy!

"I thought I was bringing you lunch." I said when I stopped next to him and picked up a couple of sandwiches that were next to the espresso machine.

"You don't work for me. It's not right to make you do stuff, when I can clearly do them myself." His voice was smooth and kind. "Really, it's fine."

"Is that really the reason? Are you sure it's not because you think I may bring you something you won't eat?" I teased.

"Oh, come on. Drop it." He smiled widely, and gave a little nudge on my arm, shooting the same side stare from before. Flirtatious Jared made me just as nervous as asshole Jared. In different ways, of course, but the heart racing and the nerve rattling? Yep, all there. I was hoping that at some point, by the end of this trip, I'd stop feeling like a complete idiot when he looked at me the way he was at that moment.

He grabbed his fruit salad, his tea and backed up a few steps toward the door, waiting for me. He watched attentively, studying me while I took everything I wanted. He walked down the corridor as if he owned it. Every female staff that passed by us giggled and flushed at each look he gave them.

"And then Ripley, cute little creature, started jumping from shoulder to shoulder, and wouldn't let go of Tomo's hood, hiding under it. It was so adorable." Jared completed the story he was telling me, as we walked in the dressing room.

"Aw, how cute! This story makes me wanna meet him..."

"Ah, look at you two getting along." Like said surprised, as I cleared my things from the table so we could eat.

"Well, I apologized last night, so we're good." Jared said with a wink, not bothering to hide it from my boss.

"I set some conditions, though..."

"But you did accept it." He interrupted me.
"I heard you loud and clear," he said as if he had rehearsed that line and was just waiting for my queue to use it.

I widened my eyes in terror, and my mouth dropped open. Jared chuckled silently as I looked at my boss, who had his head down taking a bite from his sandwich. How could he say that? I hoped to God my boss hadn't taken the hint. "Well, I'm glad there's no awkwardness between you two." Luke stated, swallowing the food he was chewing. "Jared, when is your assistant arriving? Tonight?"

Jared nodded and proceeded. "We become so dependent on these girls, don't we? I understand exactly why women say men are useless without them."

"Tell me about it. Jen here is amazing and irreplaceable. She knows what I'm thinking before I think it, it's crazy." He praised me, making me a little uncomfortable.

"Jen is amazing, you are absolutely right. She is funny, dedicated, hardworking, and if I'm allowed to say so, very beautiful." Jared didn't deviate his eyes from mine while he talked.