Chapter 13

Waking up in his arms gave me a strange sense of peace, contrary to the hurricane of emotions he made me feel just a few hours ago. My body still trembled when I thought about the way he kissed me, touched me, and felt inside of me.

His mouth was partially open, an arm was stretched straight out to the side and his other hand was tucked inside the front of his underwear. His caramel colored hair was smoothed down on either side of his shoulders and he was sleeping peacefully.
He looked so vulnerable, unlike the man that had been dominating me under the sheets and in my thoughts.

'Please, don't hurt me.' I thought, silently to myself. I couldn't possibly endure another heartbreak, and this would be a fall,  I seriously wouldn't recover from easily. I heard my phone ding. The only message I would be willing to read was from the very person sleeping next to me, so I ignored it. I had to pull myself together, I couldn't let him know what he was doing to me. In bed it was very hard to disguise it for obvious reasons, but I couldn't let him fully understand how deep he had actually crawled under my skin.

I watched him sleep for a few more minutes before I heard a knock at the door. As I started to get up, the bouncing of the bed woke him up. I grabbed my robe and slid my arms through the holes, and I heard him breathe deeply. I looked at him as he tucked his hands under his head and gave me a sleepy side smile.

There was another knock on the door, but before I could reach the knob, I heard a voice. It was Luke. Shit!!

"Hi, Luke, good morning!" I said awkwardly as I tied my robe around my waist, and brushed my hair back with my fingers. God, of all times for Luke to show up at my room, it would be on my day off!

"I tried texting... but you didn't answer. Care to go for a bite?" He tried to open the door, but I held it in place with my foot. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, um... yeah, lunch sounds great." I felt all the hairs on my body stand on end as Jared brushed his hand across the small of my back. The next second, he was pulling the door open, and stepping out of my bedroom. I was so embarrassed, and surely Luke could see the horror spreading across my face. Like a neon flashing sign saying, 'yes, I fucked Jared last night.'

"Hey Luke, where are we eating?" Jared said with a straight face, while zipping up his jeans and squeezing his way between myself and the door.

"We? Well, uh... We can, uh... decide between the three of us, I guess." Luke grinned at me as he spoke.

"Four. I'm bringing Shayla, if she's still alive. Haven't really seen her in the last 12 hours." He walked in confident strides down the corridor and disappeared at the elevator lobby.

"I'm sorry you had to see that." Jared 's walk of shame was the most embarrassing situation that I had ever put myself into in front of Luke. He had always considered me a serious and professional assistant and I just wanted to keep it that way. But now, I was really scared that he would be changing his mind about me.

"Oh no, don't apologize, it's quite nice to see that I'm not the only one who does questionable things." He smirked at me. "Come on." The gentle shake of his head came with a chuckle. "Get dressed. I'll meet you in the lobby."

I closed the door and started to get ready. Jared had me so angry, again! I grabbed my phone and found his name on the list. It was still under A-hole Leto.

'oн мy god! нow coυld yoυ do тнaт тo мe? wнιcн parт oғ ι donт wanт мy вoѕѕ тo ғιnd oυт dιd yoυ noт υnderѕтand?'

My phone lit up with his response.

'good мornιng тo yoυ тoo. ιм ѕorry тнaт ι мade мy eхιт jυѕт тнen, вυт ι aм нappy тнaт yoυ dιdnт ĸιcĸ мe oυт oғ yoυr вed agaιn. вeѕιdeѕ, ι aѕѕυмed lυĸe already ĸnew.'

'jared, really? yoυ ĸnew ι dιdnт wanт anyone тo ĸnow, eѕpecιally lυĸe! yoυ are ѕo ιnconvenιenт.'

'and yoυ ѕnore ѕweeтнearт.'

My eyes popped out when I read the last message. My fingers flew like lightening across the keyboard of my phone.

'ι do noт! ѕтop cнangιng тнe ѕυвjecт! ғorgeт ιт, ιll мeeт yoυ ιn тнe loввy ιn a ғew.'

I couldn't help the smile inching its way on my face when I tossed the phone on the bed. I knew by the time I saw him again the anger I was feeling now would be long gone. After getting dressed and pulling my hair up in a ponytail, I put some makeup on before walking out of my room. I nervously bit my bottom lip and stepped onto the elevator.

I walked into the lobby to see Luke and Jared laughing and talking. I took one look at the grin on Jared's face when he saw me, and I knew I was definitely falling for him. God, help me.