Chapter 40

Jen and I haven't spoken since that little altercation in the hallway. She did her best to avoid me completely, and I tried to do the same. She made it easy at the studio, by staying in Luke's dressing room for most of the day. It was a relief because the guilt over what I had done was bothering me much more than I cared to admit.

Things between Luke and I were also a little tense. He said that he harbored no ill feelings toward me, but was extremely protective of Jennifer and always would be. I knew that I was out of line the other day, raising my voice and trying to force a conversation when she clearly didn't want to talk, but I wasn't used to this. She had definitely gotten under my skin and I couldn't deny the connection we made.

Filming ended for the day and I certainly wasn't expecting to see Logan in the studio. It wasn't that I disliked him, but he was kind of a rival. That fake smile as he stood there flirting with what I still felt belonged to me only pissed me off even more. The three of them stood in a circle in the middle of the room, carrying on a private conversation, and I was sure it was for my benefit. I walked past them on the way to my dressing room, purposely knocking into Logan's shoulder. It was no secret how I felt about him speaking to Jennifer, and I made no attempt to hide it from anyone else either.

I stepped inside my dressing room and closed the door. I read over my lines for the scene we were to film the next day, purposely to block out the vision of Jennifer's smiling face as she flirted hard with Logan. Everything was great until Shayla came in. "So, I'm lost. She is dating Logan now?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.

"What are you talking about?" I tried to disguise the jealousy in my voice and tossed the papers on the desk in front of me. I glared at her reflection in the mirror, warning her that I was not in the mood to do this now.

"I heard Logan tell her that he would pick her up at eight." She avoided my eyes and sat on the couch with her phone in her hand.

"Are you certain that's what was said?" I asked, my voice cracking with anger.

"Yep." She refused to even look up at me. "That's what I heard just now."

"I guess she is." If she was planning to go out with him, then maybe I'll have a little date of my own tonight. I knew exactly who to call, and once back at the hotel, I did just that.

I got myself ready to pick Rebecca up and knew it was all about timing. I had to be in the lobby of the hotel right around eight. I wanted Jen to see that I had moved on. Unfortunately, Rebecca was merely a distraction for this silly little crush I had on Jennifer. That's what this was right? I mean, she was the first thing I thought of when I woke up and the last thing I thought of before I went to bed. It's been so long since anyone made me feel this way and I knew I couldn't move on from that easily.

I picked up Rebecca at her place and let her know that we were going back to my room at the hotel. This wasn't our first time together and she knew what to expect of me.

The car pulled up directly in front of the hotel and I could see Jen, Luke, and Logan standing in the lobby chatting. I opened the door and stepped out, taking Rebecca's hand. Leading her through the doors, I paraded her right past Jennifer. The shit eating grin I shot her was only a mask I wore to cover up what I was really feeling. The shocked look on her face was exactly the reaction I wanted.

Rebecca and I stepped into the elevator and I slammed my finger against the button. Now, I'm not a drinker, but I definitely needed one to loosen the tension building in my shoulders. We arrived to my room and I unlocked the door, holding it open for her and made a beeline directly to the mini bar. "Would you like a drink?"

She sat on the couch and crossed one leg over the other. Her extremely revealing dress didn't disappoint and I could only imagine the comments being made down in the lobby when we walked in.

Taking a handful of the miniature bottles, I offered her a variety to choose from. She just grabbed one, opened it, and took a few sips. Opening mine, I attempted to down the small bottle in one gulp, gasping at the way it burned all the way down.

With the gentle persuasion of her kisses, my body finally started to relax. My mind drifted back and forth between the look on Jen's face when she saw me with Rebecca, and Logan's arm snaking around her slim body when he noticed me entering. Rebecca's tender assault on my lips wasn't distracting enough, but she had my full attention when she dropped to her knees in front of me. Her fingers ripped my shirt open and I laughed, remembering how wild she could be. She kissed her way down my chest and her fingers made quick work of freeing me from the confines of my jeans. I wasn't even hard when she started to touch me and I reached over for another bottle.

Taking a few sips from the small bottle and as she started to wake me, I ended up rambling on about filming. She froze, glancing around the room, clearly confused. "Jared is there a point to this little story?"

I dropped my head back against the couch and tucked myself away before sitting all the way up. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought you here Rebecca."

"I don't understand, but I can help you relax." She stated, her teeth grazed my skin as she sucked my thumb into her mouth.

I tugged my hand out of her grip and held my head in my hands, wanting to scream out in frustration. My body was reacting, but my head and heart didn't want to cooperate. Was I having an attack of conscience? This doesn't happen to me! "I lied to you. I brought you here to make someone else jealous."

She giggled, pulling her long blonde hair to one side. "Is that all? I don't care." Raising up to her knees, she ran her hand over the growing hardness in my pants. "I never planned on this being anything more than sex."

Gripping her wrists, I guided them away from me and stood up, I threw the bottles away and kicked my shoes off. That was it, I had enough for one fucked up day. "I can't. I'd love to, and I was sure I could, but sadly I've developed feelings for this person." Sighing, I watched as she got up and adjusted her dress and slipped her shoes back on. "I'm sorry." Digging into my pocket, I pulled out some cash. "Here, take a cab home."

Her arms wrapped around my neck and she hugged me tightly. "I appreciate your honesty. Goodbye and good luck Jared." When I smiled at her, she pressed her lips to mine, giving me one final kiss. "Go get her." This had gone much better than I expected. I would have thought she was going to be angry and slap me across the face. I watched her walk out the door and plopped down on the couch. Jennifer was out with Logan and I had no clue where they were.

An hour passed when I heard a knock and began looking around the room, thinking that maybe Rebecca left something. Opening the door, I was stunned to see Jennifer. She gripped the collar of my torn shirt and pushed me back inside the room. Her purse fell at our feet and her lips claimed mine. I was so lost, every emotion filling me all at once.

My fingers tangled in her long dark hair and I listened to the door closing behind us. Without parting our lips, I backed up to the bed and sat, smiling into the kiss as she straddled me. My heart pounded in my chest. Was this a dream or was it really happening?