Chapter Twenty Eight

Jaelynn

I was waiting for August to get here, so he can go to my final appointment. He had to drive there because I'm not supposed to be driving since I'm now 8 months. I was becoming impatient because he was already an hour late. I tried calling him but his phone just went to voicemail. Chaz was at work, so he couldn't take me, and Teyana wasn't answering either.

I kept pacing back and forth hoping August would be ringing my bell. I felt a warm wetness fill in between my legs. "What the fuck?" I said confused then I realized what was happening. My water broke. Shit.

I tried calling August again, but he didn't answer. I grabbed my car keys and my purse then headed to my car. I felt a sharp pain in my stomach and I cringed. "Ahhhhhh fuck." I held my stomach as I got into my car and put my seatbelt on. I started driving to the hospital. I struggled to drive properly because of the pain in my stomach.

When I finally did get to the hospital, I wobbled in screaming for a doctor. They came with a wheelchair and rolled me into a room for pregnancy patients.

A doctor came in. "Hello. I'm Doctor Dorien Smith. What is your name?" It was woman doctor. "Jaelynn Ortiz." I replied through clenched teeth to hold my screams in. "Ok, how many months are you Jaelynn?" "8" She smiled. "So we're gonna check to see if you're dilated." She spread my legs open wide to check. "Ok you're not quiet finished dilating. This is your first baby so you can be in labor for up to 20 hours." 20 hours? tf?

I reached for my phone and called Christina since August wasn't answering.

"Hello." She answered. "Christina, This is Jaelynn. I don't know where August is, but can you please let him know I'm at the hospital and that my water broke?" I said panting. "Sure."

"Thank y-" She hung up before I could finish. Rude ass bitch.

A couple hours later, the contractions were coming fast and back to back. I don't know how my mother did this. I grabbed my stomach and squeezed my eyes shut. I let out a loud scream.

The doctor walked in. "Would you like me to give you some medicine that makes you numb?" I nodded. "Please."

She injected it into my arm, and soon, I was dizzy and in another world. I couldn't even think straight. The only thing I heard was "It's time to push Ms. Ortiz." I refused to push without August here.

"No. We have to wait for Augusss." I slurred.

"Ms. Ortiz, you have to push now."

"No. Auguss needs ta be here." I slurred again.

I felt another horrible pain.

"YOU HAVE TO PUSH MS ORTIZ NOWWW!" The doctor yelled.

I tried to hold back and wait for August to get here, but I couldn't. I needed this baby out of me.

"1,2,3 Push!" The doctor yelled, and I complied.

"Great. We're making progress. Again, 1,2,3 PUSH." I pushed again.

"Ok, one more. 1,2,3 give me a big push Jaelynn." I pushed with all my might, and the doctor pulled the baby out. I didn't see the baby because I passed out as soon as I finished pushing. I felt so bad for giving birth without August in the room. After I pushed, I expected to hear crying, but I heard nothing. Then, I passed out and everything went black.

__________________________

Ok, this is the last chapter. I'm gonna start writing the first chapter of the sequel right now. Thanks to every single read and vote I have on this book. Thanks to everyone who comments. If you haven't already, add the sequel Hold You Down to your library now! This was a short last chapter but I couldn't give everything away. Christina in the MM.