chapter three

Jae's POV

So Im at the trap with Aug and the crew.
I started to get hungry, so I stood. "I'll be back. Im going to the store."
I pecked Rakim's lips then left.

I reached in my pockets for my phone, but I left it. I decided to walk back and get it.

"Man, I can't believe you got Jae Rocky!" I heard Chris say.

"Yeah. I did! She cute and all but she aint my type. Now pay up." I heard Rakim reply.

August, Trey, Chris and Dre handed Rocky $100 each.

I bust through the door and got my phone. I was pissed.

I slapped Rakim. "You a dumb ass fuck boy! You aint even gotta end us cause I'll do the honors. It's not like this shit meant anything to you. " I grabbed my shit and left.

Why the fuck would you play with my heart.
I just wanna go back to New York.

August ran up next to me.
I looked at him and rolled my eyes. "Fuck you want?"

"Aye Jae I'm sorry forreal."

"Whatever. Go back to your dickhead ass friends. Bye." I waved him off.

I started speed walking home.

Ughhh. Bitch ass niggas.

I can't wait until June.
I got early acceptance into UCLA.
Fuck New Orleans man.

2 days later.

I took my suitcase out to the car and waited for my aunt to come outside. Today's the day I go to New York. Thank God.

I sat in the car, but the person I hoped not to see showed up.

I haven't talked to Aug, Rakim, Dre or Chris and Trey for the last 2 days, so they don't know about me going to new york. Only Kay knows and she promised not to to tell anyone.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Jaelynn sat in her aunt's car waiting for her aunt to come out the house. Since it was hot, she had the window rolled down.

August had just got a call from RCA Records. They wanted to meet him in New York, and with all the money he earned from drug dealing and making moves, he had enough money to catch a flight to New York. They wanted to see him by tomorrow. August was excited because he hadn't been to New York yet. They also called Rocky, so Rakim was going with him.

He was gonna go meet Rakim and the boys until he saw Jae sitting in a car with her shades on. Even though it was October, she wore sunglasses since it was always hot in New Orleans.

August started walking toward her. He wanted to apologize for the bet. He actually was kinda attracted to her, but he didn't want to admit it. He just felt bad that he made that bet. He wouldn't ever admit that someone that stuck up would attract him, so he denies it.

When Jae saw that August was walking towards her she rolled her eyes and rolled up the window. August rolled his eyes at how stubborn she was, but it was kinda funny. He opened the car door, and Jaelynn pulled the door closed.

"Come on Jae. At least roll down the window," August chuckled.

Jae didn't want to, but she knew he wouldn't go away, so she rolled down the window.

"What?" She responded with an attitude.

"Aye I just wanted to say that I'm sorry about the whole bet situation. But I'm finally gonna get to see the Big Orange, that's what they call it right?"

Jaelynn was annoyed by his stupidity, but couldn't help but laugh. "It's called the Big Apple stupid. And what do you mean you're finally gonna get to see it?" She was hoping he wouldn't say what she thought he was.

"I gotta go to New York tomorrow. I gotta meeting with RCA. Me and Rakim."

Jae was angry. She hoped to go to New York, and escape from all the drama she had in New Orleans. But there wasn't guarantee that she'd see him right? After all, she's going to Harlem, and they're going to the city.

Just in time, Jae's aunt came out and got into the car. Jae was so happy that she came out because she didn't have a reply for August. If she said anything, she start cussing him out. Her aunt got in the car, and raised her eyebrows at Jae. Jae decided to ignore her facial expression and lean her head against the window.

2 Hours and 40 minutes Later

Jaelynn got off the plane, and immediately saw Teyana's curly hair and Amy's long blonde hair.

She ran to them. "Hey bitches!"
They all hugged eachother.

"We missed your ole' dark ass! wassup boo?" Amy smiled at Jae.
"I missed yall too. "
"C'mon we gotta surprise for you bae." Teyana said as she pulled Jae out the airport.

Outside was a fire Mercedes which was Jae's favorite color.

Jae looked at the car and a kool aid smile spread across her face. "Yall bought me a car?! I love yall." She hugged them again and a man got out the car.
Jae couldn't believe it. Out stepped her ex boyfriend and first love, Brandon.
He was 6'0 and was caramel. He had a tattoo of Jae's name on his wrist and was 19.
Jae smiled and ran to him.
Not only was Brandon her first love, she lost her virginity to him and she's dated him throughout her highschool career.
They had to break up because he went to college at UC Berkeley, and she moved to New Orleans. They both agreed that long distance wouldn't work, so they ended it. Although they weren't together, Jae still loved Brandon and He felt the same.

She ran to him and jumped on him. He kissed her and she returned the kiss. He held her.
" Hey B what are you doing here?"
"I came since we got a break and Tey told me you were gonna be coming."
Jae smiled.
Brandon is also Teyana's older brother.
She was already happy in New York and she's been here for barely 25 minutes.
She never wanted to leave here. This is where she belonged. Everything was here :
Her bestfriends
Her baby aka her new car
And Brandon, her first love.

Brandon put her things in the truck and they all got in the car. Jae drove to Teyana's house. She missed this place. She'd been here her whole entire life. She loved the air even if it was dirty. She loved the crowds. She loved every aspect of New York and never wanted to leave.

But she had to leave in a week to go back to New Orleans where she had August
Rakim
Trey
Chris
Andre
And Kaylin

The only one she actually appreciates is Kaylin in New Orleans.

She rolled down the window and breathed in that New York air.

She was back in her home, the concrete jungle of New York.

Author's Note

Ok, I'm updating again sometime this week. I'll start again tomorrow. Birthday in 34 days tho. Just wait on it! TURN UP FOR MY BIRTHDAY. Read CMANFAH'S STORY THO lmao. I call her that.
-Jay