Chapter fourteen

Jaelynn

I was at my job as a nurse's assistant. I was called up to the front desk for a delivery. When I got there, it was an edible arrangements fruit basket and flowers. Probably for a patient. "Who does this go to Rachel?" I asked the receptionist.
"You." i was confused. "Me?" She nodded and continued her work.
I looked at the card and it read:

Dear Jae,
I misss you alot. When you gon' come see me? Let's put the past behind us and start over.
-A.A

I then read the note on the flowers and it was similar. I scoffed and threw the flowers away as well as the edible arrangements basket. You dont know how hard it was to put them good ass fruit to waste but I had to remember who its from. I dont want anything August gives me.
I sighed and went back to my job. Rachel just looked at me and shook her head.
When I got home, I just showered and went to bed.
The next day, I had 2 morning classes then I had work. When classes finished, I went to work and I saw August there. I sighed.
"What are you doing here August?" I asked frowning up at him as people around us gawked at him. I wish they knew the August I knew.
"I came to see since you been swerving a nigga or whateva'."
"Ok but did you have to come to my job? Like who told you I work here?"
He smirked. "Don't worry. But I'm not leaving til we kiss and make up."
I laughed. "You think it's that easy huh?"
He nodded. "Im sorryyy. What you want me to do. sing orrrrr I could dance for you and embarrass you at your job." I looked at him with pleading eyes because he is not a dancer. I grabbed his hand and pulled him outside.
"What?" I said looking up at him.
"IM ready to finally tell you the truth."
I nodded telling him to proceed. He told me about the situation with K and morgan. And he told me how He did K the same way he was doing me cause the girl before her did him wrong. I felt bad honestly. As he told his story, I couldn't help but realize how much I love him. I told myself I would never go back to a dude like him again but here I am lying to myself. I know this was all it took.
"... i'm sorry." He looked into my eyes seriously.
So lately I've been emotional. So my emotional ass teared up alil but aint no tears fall.
"It's ok." "Can we start over?" He asked me.
I honestly don't know. I don't need him. He's no good for me. But regardless of all his flaws, I still want him.
I looked down. "God.. I'm too young for this shit." I giggled alittle as I said it.
He chuckled. "Me too but I'm ready now."
I slowly nodded. "We can start over. "
He smiled. "Now gimme kiss."
I laughed. "Boy naw. You better gon' somewhere." I pushed his face away.
He pouted and I smiled. "Keep pouting. I have to go to back to work now go toodles!" He chuckled then opened his arms waiting for me to hug him. I gave in and hugged him. I pulled away from the hug and walked back inside.
I cannot believe I just let him back that easy but I'm stupid in love.
________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm so happy rn so I decided to update. Thanks for the love.
-Jay