Chapter thirteen

August

Today is my day to spend with Morgan. I tryna do nothing but enjoy my time with my babygirl. I've grown to love her alot; she's my world. I decided that I'd spend time with her and K.
I drove to k's house where she lives with her grandma and mother. Me and K have been working out a relationship for the sake of Morgan. I can't front, i have feelings for K; Ima always have feelings for her cause she was there thru everything. But at the same time, I dont know what I want. I been cut Kaylin off.
I pulled into their driveway and got out the car. I knocked on the door and K, who looked exhausted, answered the door. I smiled and hugged her and she let me in.
"Where my babygirl?" I asked.
She pointed to the back room and I walked back there where her grandma and mom was with Morgan in the crib.
I've met them before and I love them like my own fam. They were there for me when my own mama kicked me out and everything.
"Aye Gran. Aye ma." I said hugging K's mama from behind. Gran smiled. "August Alsina. I was wondering when you'd show yo face again." I chuckled and hugged Gran. "Was poppin Gran?"
She gave me a stern look telling me not to say that. I laughed. "Sorry Gran. I'm taking Morgan and K out though. We gon' do some family bonding."
Ma smiled. "That's good Aug. She's been real tired and stressed lately. She misses you ya know." I nodded and started to think of all the good times K and I had.
"She know I got her." i said picking up Morgan and kissing her. "Hey babygirl." She started smiling her toothless smile. She's 4 months now.
I held her while Ma told me where her bag and stuff was.
"Aight. I'll bring them back before 11."
They nodded then hugged me bye and I walked in the living room where K sat.
I sat next to her. "Whatchuu doing? Go get dressed."
She looked at me confused and I explained futrther. "What fun is it gon' be if mommy aint there? Right Morg?" I said lifting Morgan up and smiling. K showed a faint smile then got up to go change. As she got up, I took that as an opportunity to look at her booty. Yup, still there.
"Dang. Mommy got the fatty Morg."
A few minutes later, K came back with some jeans, an Armani exchange tee and sandals on. She had her hair in a simple ponytail but she looks real nice. I stood up with Morgan as K got her stroller and car seat. I gave Morgan to K as I put the stroller in the trunk and the car seat in the back. I strapped Morg in then got in as K got in.
She turned on the radio and Vado's my bae came on.
I started singing it playfully and she smiled and started laughing.
i chuckled and continued driving. "I heard you miss me."
She looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Who told you that? Ma or Gran Gran?"
"Ma."
She chuckled. "Don't listen to mama. She just want us together again."
"Why is that funny? We can make that happen."
She looked at me. "You haven't changed at all Anthony."
She's the only one I let call me that.
"Im serious though." She was silent for a moment until she changed the subject. "How's Chandra 'nem?"
"I aint talk to them inna minute."
"You slippin Aug? That's surprising."
I rubbed my head. "I know. I just got alot going in right now."
She nodded and as an instinct, I rested my free hand on her thigh.
She looked at me. "August, what are you doing?"
"Just relax ma. It's just how I'm used to driving with you. Shit, a nigga missed you."
She smiled slightly then looked out the window.
I took them to the Universal Soul Circus then I took them to eat at Bahama Breeze. By the time, we were finished, it was 10:30.
I had a good time with them. When we were back in the car and in her driveway, I pulled out my wallet and checkbook. I know she having trouble paying for college and stuff.
"How much you need?" I asked her.
"I don't need nothing August."
I ignored it and wrote her a check for $150, ooo. then, I took $700 out my wallet for her to get some stuff for Morgan.
She reluctantly took the check and money.
"Drop that second job ma. Whenever you need something, I got you. If I find out you still working that second job, That's yo ass."
She nodded then gave me a hug. She leaned over to kiss my cheek but I turned that into a kiss on the lips. We kissed and I realized I missed her alot. She pulled away.
"We can't do this." I wanted to ask why but she got out the car. "Thank you."
She took Morgan out her carseat and I helped her get the stroller out the trunk. I hugged her again then kissed Morgan on her forehead before I let then finally go inside.
As I drove home, I started to think. Maybe I've been chasing the wrong person the whole time.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Filler chapter. Ya know. Thanks for all the love I've gotten on this book. I really appreciate it. And thanks to Storiesinparadise and shawdii__ for the comments.