chapter nine

Jaelynn

I went back to my dorm after I finally finished classes for the day. When I got there, Kaylin and Toya were there waiting for me.
I walked in ignoring eye contact with them and threw my bag on the floor.
"So this what we doing now? Ignoring your friends?" Kaylin asked.
I just sat on the bed still not saying anything.
"Where the hell were you last night?" Toya asked me.
I looked at her. "No, where the hell were you."
She remained silent.
"Exactly."
"No but where were you? Kev was calling for you all day." Kay told me.
I sighed. "I was with August."
Toya looked shocked. "Girl, stop dreaming. You know you wasn't with no damn August Alsina."
"Toya, shut up. We know him. Now, what happened with him?" Kay asked.
I looked down. "I don't even wanna talk about it."
"Oh god, you didnt?" Kay asked catching on.
I nodded while Toya, on the otherhand, was still in shock that we knew August.
"Well, what are you gonna do? You know Kevin really likes you."
I put my head in my hands. "I dont know what I'm gonna do. I try to avoid him but he's everywhere. I like Kev too but I can't."
"Tell him and get it over with." Kay suggested.
I shook my head. I am not tryna lose him.
Kay frowned. "So whatchuu gon' do? Hide that shit knowing damn well he gonna find out? But whatever, it's your life. You can miss me with all that bullshit though." Kay said getting her bag. "I'll see you later T." She walked out.

Toya just shook her head at me. "I'm only mad at the fact that you aint tell me you knew August's fine ass but you wrong sista girl."

I ignored her and put on some skinny jeans and a tank top with some converses. I grabbed my betsey johnson handbag and walked to my car heading to August's hotel. When I got there, I went straight to his room, but I got no answer. I'm finally ready to admit that I want August. I sighed and looked at my phone checking the time before turning around heading to the elevator.
When the elevator finally got to my floor, the doors opened revealing August feeling up on some chick.
I scoffed. I felt stupid for letting him get some again. It's funny how one minute he on some 'I wanna be with you' bullshit then he fucking with some other bitch.
When he saw me, his hands immediately stopped roaming the girl's body and he smiled.
"Wassup ma? Looking for me?"
I shook my head getting on the elevator. He pulled me out and into his room shutting the door behind him and leaving the chick in the hallway.
"You're disgusting." I said.
"I'm not. I told you what was up and you aint want it so why you here ma?"
"I want you." I replied looking down.
He smirked. "What about ole' boy you claim to be yo 'boo'?"
I looked at August. "You didnt care about him before so dont think about him now."
August smiled. "What the fuck happen to you?"
"Wasn't saying that earlier. You was too busy worried about yo lil boyfriend."
"Well now I'm here. " I said smiling sitting on his lap. "I wanna be with you."
He held my waist and turned his snapback backwards.
"You sure ma? Cause Ion want no games."
Before I could reply, my phone began ringing. It was Shannon.
"Wassup?" I answered.
"Jae? I-I'm scared."
"Scared of what?"
"She was sleep and now she wont get up. I think she's dead."
"Who?" I asked.
"A-aunt Julia."
I was in shock. "Um, ok call the police and let them take her to the hospital. I'll call you back in a few minutes.
"Ok." I could tell she was crying.
I hung up the phone and got off August.
"God, not today. I can't lose her." I mumbled to myself.
August gave me a concerned look, "What's wrong ma? You aight?"
I looked down. "No, my aunt, I dunno what's wrong. She wont wake up."
He sighed and pulled me into a much needed hug. "It's gon' be aight ma. Ms Julia gon' be good."
I picked up my phone to book a flight to Atlanta tonight.
The only flight I could get was at 12 midnight.
"Lemme go witchuu." August offered.
"No, you got shit to do. I'll be fine." I told him.
He walked over to me as I was about to leave and kissed me. I smiled and walked out the door.
When I got back to my dorm, I packed some stuff and I had Toya call Kay. I bought two tickets to Atlanta cause I need my bestfriend with me.
Within twenty minutes, Kay was in my dorm room with her suitcase and trying to comfort me.
Toya drove us to the airport.
When I got in the airport, I called Shannon.
"Hello?" She answered lowly.
"Hey." I said trying to lighten her mood. It failed.
"They wont tell me anything because I'm a minor. I have to wait til you get here. "
"Ok, I'm about to get on the plane. I should be there soon." I told her.
She simply replied saying, "Mhm."
I hung up and boarded the plane with Kay. Once I got on the plane, I sat there tapping my leg frantically.
I laid my head on Kay's shoulder and fell asleep.
After taking a long nap, I was awaken by Kay telling me we were here.
It was 4am.
I had a cab drop us off at the hospital as soon as I stepped foot on the ground.
When we got the hospital, I ran inside with my suitcase to the lady at the front desk.
"I'm looking for Julia Grant."
"Room 322."
I left my bag with Kay and went up to her room. When I got there, Shannon was asleep in one of the chairs. I saw my aunt laying in the bed with all these tubes in her. I sighed as the doctor came in.
"Hello, I'm Jaelynn Grant. This is my aunt and thats my little sister. Can you please tell me what's going on?"
"Im Doctor Mathers. Your aunt seems to have had a heart attack in her sleep but luckily, she is ok. She's just asleep now but we need to keep her because having a heart attack while having cancer is very risky."
I sighed as he left the room. I sat down next to a sleeping Shannon. A few minutes later, someone came into the room. I looked at the person and to my surprise, it was August.
"What are you doing here?"I asked.
"I came to be here for you ma."
I smiled. "Thank you. I'm bout to take Shannon home."
He picked Shannon up and I followed out to the waiting room where Kay was waiting. August walked ahead of us with Shannon as I explained to Kay what was going on.
August drove us to my aunt's house. As Kay and Shannon went inside, I stayed outside with August.
It was 6am.
"Thank you so much." I told him.
He smiled. "For what?"
"For finally not being a dickhead."
He chuckled. "I thought I was a loser ma. How much names you gon' give me?"
I laughed a little. "As many as I want. Bye loser." I said turning around walking to the house to get some much needed sleep.
The next morning, I woke up and I brushed my teeth and showered then straightened my hair.
I went to my room and put on some sweats, a white t shirt and concords.
I grabbed my bag and my aunt's car keys and headed to her car.
Kaylin had already taken Shannon to school.
I just got in the car and headed to the hospital.
When I got to the hospital, my aunt was awake and I smiled.
"Hey auntie."
She faintly smiled. "Hey baby. You didn't have to come all the way here for me."
I hate seeing her like this. She looked weak. "Yes I did. You're all I have."
She looked down. "You gotta take care of Shannon because I'm not gonna be here much longer."
I nodded. As much as i wanna deny it, i know what she's saying is true.
She looked at me. "You know, your lil boyfriend came to see me,"
I gave her a confused look. "Who?"
She smiled. "August."
I laughed when she said that. "not even."
She nodded her head. "Yeah ok. Now what's going on between yall two?"
I looked at my phone. "I don't even know. I mean, I have Kev but I want Aug. I like Kev but I like August more. I cheated on him."
She looked at me. "Dont keep leading Kevin on. He's a good man baby, both of them are. You need to choose one and stick to that one."
I nodded. "Why was August here?"
"Advice and to see how i'm doing."
She sat up and winced in pain. "Now, go see Kevin. Tell him everything."
I nodded and got up hugging her and kissing her cheek. "Thank you Auntie. I love you. I'll be back later on."
She nodded as I walked out the door. "I love you too."
I got into her car and called Kevin for him to meet me so we can talk.
I drove to Chipotle and ordered my food. a few minutes later, Kevin walked in smiling.
He hugged me and tried to kiss me but I turned my face.
He sat across from me and gave me a confused look. "Wassup ma?"
I sighed getting straight to the point. "We can't be together anymore. I like you alot and you've been good to me. I thought we could do this long distance shit but we can't because I wasn't faithful."
He looked at me. "I'm glad you told me ma. I still wanna be with you but if you can't do it, im cool. Who's the other nigga though?"
"August."
He sighed. "Aight ma. I'll see you. " He got up walking out and I sighed.
I finished my food.

August alsina

I blew smoke out.
"So you really like this girl?" My nigga Chaz asked.
I nodded.
Chaz laughed. "Well aint that some shit. Ole cold hearted nigga Aug sprung."
I chuckled. "Nigga shut up."
My phone vibrated and I picked up. "Yo."
"Hey." Jae answered.
"Wassgood?"
"Nothing. I heard you went to see my aunt today."
"Yeah, I came thru with that loud for her. She needed to relieve stress." I joked.
She laughed. "You're crazy."
"So wassup?" I asked as I inhaled.
"I'm coming over." She said.
"Aight."
She hung up, and I looked at Chaz. "What nigga?"
Chaz was looking at his phone. "Nothing."
I nodded until K called. I sighed. She been blowing a nigga up all damn day.
"What K?" I answered.
"I had the baby. Her name is Morgan Kennedy Alsina."
"Where are you?"
"At home. "
K had moved to Atlanta with her family to start attending Spellman.
"Bring her over."
"Ok." K hung up.
After 25 minutes, K showed up with the baby.
She was the spitting image of me.
"I have to go to work for a couple hours. can you watch her?"
I nodded and she left.
A few minutes after she left, the doorbell rang and Chaz opened it.
It was Kay and Jae.
Jae smiled at me as I held my daughter.

"Who is this?" Jae asked me.
"Um, my cousin," i told her.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note

Aight, so i just wanna say happy birthday to my behhhhfrannnn.
And shoutout to tyreanna for being da bestest. lmao
Yeah.