chapter four

August woke up to a phone call from K. He was confused as to why she was calling him. They've been over. He ignored the call, and went to shower. While he was in the shower, he thought about his brother and became extremely sad. He knew Mel never wanted him in the game anyways, so hopefully he can get a record deal so he doesn't have to sell drugs.

Rakim got up and showered. He had been calling and texting Jae all day and had constantly been swerved. It's not like he didn't like her cause he did. She just wasnt his type which was unusual. He was tryna front on her in front of his boys, but he truly liked her. She wasn't what he was used to though. Most girls were fuck and ducks for him. He got into girls' pants very easily. But Jae wouldn't really allow that. Anyways, he has to get ready to go to New York with August. He has an 11:00 flight and didnt wanna be late.

Kaylin was feeling kinda lonely today. Usually, she'd see her bestfriend by now. Jae and Kaylin had grown close since the first day they met. Sure, Kaylin was popular and had alot of dudes sweating her and plenty of fake chicks who envy her, but she ignored them. She already missed her bestfriend. She woke up to a call from Trey.

"Hey bae" Trey said as soon as she picked up.
"Hey.." Kaylin responded in a low voice.
"Uh oh. What's wrong?" Trey asked with concern in his voice.
"Nothing.. missing my bestfriend and cramps."

Her mom yelled for her downstairs and she sighed.
"Look, how bout I come get you, and take you out?" Trey offered.
"Yeah, that sounds good. "
"20 minutes?"
"Hell no. It takes way more than twenty minutes for me to get cute."
"You're already beautiful though."
Kaylin laughed sarcastically. "Aww."
Trey sucked his teeth and Kay laughed.
"Come in 45 minutes. " she told him before hanging up.
She slugged down the stairs to find out what her mother wanted.
"Yes ma?"
"Breakfast." Her mom pointed to the dining room where her older brother, Quan, her dad and her little sister were sitting waiting for her.
She sat in between Quan and Melanie and grabbed their hands and bowed her head as her father said grace.

Teyana was awoke to the smell of food knowing that her parents were awake. She's the only girl her parents had, so she lives with a whole bunch of guys. This is why she's so laid back. She looked next to her where Jae was under the covers. She knew that Jae was up because of the light from her phone shining from under the covers. Amy had went home already, so it was just her and Jae.
"Why you tryna sneak and be on your phone? Get yo ass up." Teyana laughed as she snatched the covers from off Jae's head.
"Well good morning to you too nigga!" Jae said laughing.
Teyana got up and Jae sniffed the air.
"I smell BACON!" Jae yelled as she ran towards the door.
"Chill. You break, you paying." Teyana replied walking to make sure her tv was ok.
Jae's phone vibrated multiple times.
"Damn. who the hell is that?" Teyana asked as she got out bed.

Jae looked at her phone. Rakim had been calling her and texting her all morning. She hadn't told Teyana about what happened with him.
"Rakim" Jae answered.
Teyana smiled and took Jae's phone and answered. "Yo."
"Jae?" Rakim answered.
"Nah, this her R.O.D Teyana. Wassup?"
"Aint you in new york tho? How you answering her phone?" Rakim seemed confused.
"Jae's in New York with me."
"Good. I just landed in New York. Hopefully, i see yall."
"Aight bet." Teyana said hanging up.

The whole time Teyana was on the phone, Jae was sending her gestures and mouthing for her to shut up.

"Teyyyyy!" Jae whined.
"What?"
"You wasn't supposed to tell him where I'm at!"
"Why?"
Jae went and explained all the shit that happened with Rakim. By the end, Teyana was more pissed off than Jae was.

No one was ever gonna play her bestfriend and get away with that shit. She held it down for Jae and Jae held it down for her. That's just how it was.