Chapter seventeen

Kaylin
I sat at the dinner table eating my food. We ate in silence until my dad finally spoke, "So what did you have to tell us babygirl?" I sighed. I am not ready to tell them. "Well um...." I hesitated. Then, I finally decided that I would have to tell them anyways so I just let it out. "Im pregnant." My brother choked on his drink and i looked at my parents. My dad simply got up, threw his food away and put his plate in the sink and walked upstairs. "Quan, go upstairs with Melly and put her to bed. She has school tomorrow." My mom instructed my brother. He did as he was told leaving me and my mom alone. She looked at me with disappointment causing me to tear up.
"Im sorry mama." She got up and walked over to me. "It's nothing to be sorry about baby. You made some mistakes. You'll be fine. Your father, on the otherhand, is upset. I'm disappointed in you." i nodded. "I know." She grabbed my hand and pulled me up, "Go upstairs and talk to him." I nodded and made my way upstairs to his office.
I walked in. I started to talk but he quickly shut me up. "Don't say a damn thing to me. I sent you off to college not to be a hoe and fuck around! Now look where you are! Pregnant and you're not even 20! I want you out! Out of my house!" He yelled and I walked out crying.
My mom was outside the door. "Don't worry baby. Stay as long as you need."
I shook my head. "He wants me gone, so I'll go."
My mom nodded and my dad came out of his office. "And don't even think about calling me when you need help. You find a way to pay for college cause Im not paying for anything."
That was the last thing my father said to me before I left. I got my bag and took a cab to the airport. As i sat in the airport waiting for my flight, I cried because I realize that being with August ruined everything. i have no one. No friends, no family, nobody but a growing baby in my stomach.
I sighed and pulled out my phone to call the only person who could help me: August.
"Yo." He answered. "August." I said through my tears. "Kaylin, what you calling me for?" "I need your help. Can we meet up when I get back to Atlanta?" He was silent for a while. "Please." I begged. "Fine. But Jae can't find out about this."
"Thank you so much." I said. "Yeah yeah." He hung up.
____________________________________________
Quick update. Thanks for 5k reads. Love yall.
-Jendyi