chapter one

August's POV

Date: September 7, 2012

Location: Trap House: New Orleans, Louisiana

I sat there reading the letter.

"What's it say Aug?" Bianca, one of my trap partners asked me. "It say Mel want me to take control of the trap."

Everyone started clapping, but I wasn't happy. These niggas killed my brother man.I clenched my jaw, and my girl, K, came and sat on my lap. "Baby, Mel wants this for you." I pushed her off. "I know. I need to think man." I walked out. "I'll see yall tomorrow."

I got in my car, and started thinking. I aint wanna be just the average nigga from New Orleans that dies before 25. My brother might want me to take over, but this aint for me no more. I'm tryna somebody. I'm tryna get up outta here and make a better life for me. My thoughts were interrupted when I pulled into the driveway of the house I used to share with my brother. I saw a girl standing in front of my neighbors house. She looked to be about my age, which is 18

She had shoulder length brown curly hair, and looked to be about 5'2. She's brown skinned and has on leggings, a crop top and some GB12's.

I hopped out the car, and walked over to her licking my lips.

"Wassup lil mama?" I bit my lip.

She looked at me up and down. "Who are you?" She aint have a southern accent so I could tell she aint from here."Im August but call me Aug. You lost ma?" "My name is Jaelynn and I'm not lost. I'm just not ready to go inside there yet. Plus, I got all these bags." "I can help you with your bags shawdy. You know Ms. Julia?" "I have a name so use it. and yes, im her neice. So damn nosey. " I chuckled at her attitude. "Aye ma, I mean Jaelynn that attitude aint gon' do you no good in Nola, so I suggest you change that." I said carrying her suitcases up the stairs and in front of the door. She just gave me an annoyed look. "Thanks August. " I just flashed her a smile and walked into my house. I started thinking bout lil shawdy. Jaelynn was thick as hell. Shawdy got more ass than K, but it's whateva'
Ima have to talk to her again tho.

Jaelynn's POV

I carried my bags inside my aunt's house, and then came back to hug her. She smiled and seemed glad to care for me. Ima get whoever killed my parents believe that. Then, I went back outside and looked at the house that August walked into next door. He was cute. Lightskin, tall, tattoos. I dont usually like guys with tattoos but he looked pretty cute with them. I'm the daughter of two drug lords. I usually see guys with hella tattoos n shit but August was actually the first cute one. I started thinking about how stank I acted towards him. I built up enough courage to walk next door and knock on his door. He opened it, "Oh, it's you lil mama." He smirked. I loved that he was calling me lil mama but I hate it when people call me out my name. "I told you my name is Jaelynn." He chuckled. I examined his face. He had a perfect smile with straight white teeth. "Wassup?"

"Um, I came to apologize for being rude. It's just how I am."

"Aye no problem Jaelynn. It was turning me on anyway."

I laughed. "You're cute."

He smiled. "Come in."

I eyed him suspiciously. "I dont know you. I aint going in your house."

"I aint gon' hurt you shawdy damn."

I hesitantly walked into the house, and it was a normal looking house.

I sat on the couch. "If you try something, I will break your arms and legs. I know people who can have a bullet in your head real quick so dont try me."