Chapter twenty five

Jaelynn
2 months later
I'm still not over the fact that August put his hands on me. When I said what I said, it wasn't to disrespect Mel, it was to make August get his head out his own ass. Every appointment we go to, we never say one word. He comes gets me, goes to the doctor with me, then drops me off and leaves. Today was gonna be different because I'm kinda missing him. I know I shouldn't have said shit about Mel, but I was fired up.
When August dropped me off, I asked. "Can we talk please?" He didn't even look at me. "Nah." "August. You know how many times I've heard you out. All you gotta do is listen."
He unbuckled his seatbelt. "Aight, what?"
"I'm sorry about talking about your brother and insulting him, but your egotistical ass upset me."
He nodded. "Bye."
I'm not even gonna try anymore. Fuck it. To be honest, at this moment, I don't want shit to do with August for that. I apologized for the comment I made about Mel, yet he aint apologize about putting his hands on me. If only I wasn't pregnant...
I'm sick of August and his bullshit. I'm tired of being so damn forgiving. Fuck August. Fuck love. I walked inside the house holding my belly because lately the baby's been kicking. I'm about to be 6 months now.
Later on that night, I couldn't sleep because of sharp pains in my stomach.
So I got up and drove myself to the hospital. The pains got worse and I started to panic because I could be having a miscarriage.
I called August over and over but he didn't answer. I didn't have time for his antics so I called Chaz, who answered on the first ring. I could tell he was sleep cause it was like 3am.
"Wassup?" He answered in a sleepy voice.
"Chaz.. I need you... come to the hospital.. now.."
"Aight, I'm on my way. Stay calm baby."
After like 5 minutes, Chaz was here. I know he must've ran some red lights and sped because it takes 15 minutes to get to the hospital from his house.
"What's wrong bae?" He asked me with genuine concern.
"I have sharp pains in my stomach. I'm scared. What if I'm miscarrying." I said with tears rolling down my face.
"Stop crying ma. You'll be aight. Did you call August?"
"Yeah but he didn't answer. I'm not thinking about him right now."
Chaz still doesn't know that August hit me. The doctor bought out a wheel chair and rolled me into the room. They laid me in the bed. He took some x rays and felt my stomach.
After a few minutes of waiting, the doctor came back with the x rays.
"Jaelynn. The baby has moved over, which is causing you pain. This moving is very abnormal, but it may be due to stress. Whatever it is that is causing you stress is putting you and your baby at risk. What I suggest is more rest and relaxation. You can leave now."
I nodded. Thank god I didn't miscarry.
When I walked out, Chaz asked me, "Why you stressing?"
"Because August. A few months ago, he got angry because I said something about his brother and he hit me."
Chaz clenched his jaw. "I'll see you later. Make sure you go home and get rest ma." He kissed me then walked to his car.
Chaz
I drove to Aug's house. I knew this nigga all my life, and I know how his mama raised him. When I got to his house, his girl opened the door and she was in a robe indicating that they were fuckin.
"Hey Chaz. What are you doing here at 3 in the morning?"
"I need to talk to August. Where he at?"
She went and got him.
"Bruh, is you crazy? Why you here at 3am?" He asked.
"Cause nigga you hit Jae! Fuck wrong witchuu? Ms. Sheila aint never teach you to hit women. Plus, she carrying your child!"
He rubbed his hand down his face. "Bruh, get on. We can talk about this another time. I was busy."
"You was busy huh? Aight B too bad. You can wait. It's just pussy bruh. It's gon' be there after I'm finished."
"Aight Chaz. What?"
"You put your hands on her?"
He nodded. "Yeah cause she provoked me. She know not to talk about my brother."
"Ok but she's pregnant B. With your fucking kid!"
"It aint like I hurt the baby!" He yelled.
"My nigga, do you even care bout yo baby?"
"Fuck you mean? Of course I do."
"So why the fuck I gotta play the baby's father all the fucking time. Whenever Jae need something, I'm the nigga who gotta get it. Not you! She had an emergency and could've lost the baby tonight, but yo ass was too busy fucking Christina to answer the fucking phone and come tend to yo babymama."
"What?" He looked sad.
"You heard me nigga. She almost miscarried cause of stress you put on her. I don't know what the fuck you got going on, but you need to fix that shit real quick Aug cause hitting females aint coo'." I said and left.
This nigga done lost his mind.
__________________________
Another quick update for you guys. Love yall