chapter eight

Jaelynn
Two weeks later

I settled into my dorm room on UCLA's campus. I loved it so far, but my roommate was annoying asf. I'm real close to popping that lil bitch if she don't watch her mouth. She like a white girl trapped in a black girls body except she listens to black music. She's pretty, but she aint all that. Her nane is Toya. She came in the room as I was reading through some course syllabuses.
"Hey hey Jae Jaeeeee!"
I frowned. "My name is not no fucking Jae Jae."
"Yeah yeah. Anyways, Jae Jae, I want you to come with me tonight. I'm going out and you're joining me, so let's see if you have something decent to wear. " She began looking through my clothes and throwing them. "No... nope... hideous... nah... oh god"
I threw a shoe at her. "Bitch, throw some more of my clothes on the floor. I dare yo lil crazy ass."
She rolled her eyes. "So we need to go shopping."
I sighed and got up preparing to go shopping with Toya.

When we got to the mall, she went into this store that was all pink while I went into Forever 21. Toya came in the store and looked through the racks until she found a red dress that was fitted and had my back out.
She came over to me smiling. "This is the one!! Go try it on."
I sighed and walked into the dressing room taking the dress with me.
When I tried on the dress, I actually liked it. It shows every curve I have but it makes my booty look a little too big.
I walked out the dressing room and Toya cheesed. "Yas Bitch!!!!"
I laughed and went back in the dressing room to change.
After I bought the dress, I bought some Louboutin red bottoms which I shouldn't have bought because they're hella expensive.
When we got back to the dorm, it was 8, so we started getting ready.
As I was getting ready, Kev called me.
"Hey baby." I answered smiling.
"Wassup ma."
"Nothing much, getting ready to go out with Toya."
He scoffed. "She better not have you in no little ass dress."
I laughed. "It's not that little."
He sucked his teeth. "I cant be having that. Im not around to hurt these niggas who tryna get at you."
I smiled. "Don't worry, I only want you."
I talked to Kev for about an hour as I straightened my hair and parted the middle. I put on simple red lipstick and grabbed my purse. Before I knew it, Toya was calling for me telling me it's time to go. I hung up with Kev and hurried out the door to her car.
As we drove, I had no clue where I was going because she never told me. When we arrived there, I learned that it was a club and it was packed.
I recently turned 19 so I wasn't supposed to be drinking, but I didn't care. I ordered me five shots of Patron and a glass of Moscato.
Toya was already off dancing with some guy, and I began to feel dizzy. The announcer started announcing something but my ears were ringing so I couldn't really hear anything.
When I looked at the stage, I frowned. I saw August.
Clearly, I had way too much to drink because I kept stumbling. I walked over to the stage to get a better view and see if it was actually August performing. Sure enough, it was.
I started dancing along to his song I luv this with some other girls.

After he finished performing, I made my way back to the bar but I couldn't walk straight, so I ended up falling. Before I could hit the floor, someone caught me. I looked up and it was August.
I rolled my eyes and slurred. "I would've preferred falling."
He smiled. "I think you mean thank you. Long time no speak."
I gave him an annoyed look. "Nigga, I saw you two weeks ago."
"Exactly, that's too long." He said.
I ignored him and walked over to the bar ordering yet another drink but this time, peach ciroc.
I downed three glasses and I was completely wasted. August sat there with me saying some shit but I was too zoned out.
I felt nauseous so I made my way to the bathroom and this big dummy followed me.
As soon as I got to the bathroom, I ran in the stall in threw up. August came into the bathroom to help me, but as soon as he came in, all the thots in the bathroom swarmed him like bees.
I just fixed my dress, wiped my mouth and walked out. At this point, I was completely tired and worn out. I looked around the whole club for Toya, but she was nowhere to be found. As I was looking for her, I bumped into August once again.
I rolled my eyes and sighed.
He chuckled. "Who you looking for?"
"My friend so I can leave."I replied slurring alittle.
"I can take you home." He offered.
"No, j-just call me a cab. " I slurred.
"Nah, cab drivers would take advantage of you."
I sighed. "Fine, take me home."
He led me to his car. When we got in, he asked, "Where you live ma?"
I had a huge headache, and I didn't feel like thinking. I don't even know how to get home from the club, so I said. "I dont know. Take me anywhere."
After that I fell asleep.

When I woke up up the next morning, I was laying in a bed next to a half naked August. I looked under the covers at myself and saw that I was half naked too.
I quickly slipped out of the bed and found a bathroom to take a shower.
I had a major hangover and since I didn't have class until 2 today, I planned on sleeping until then.
When I got out the shower, the bed was empty, so August was up. I sighed and put on a tee shirt I found lying around. I walked out the room and found August in his boxers sitting on the couch on the phone.
I walked right past him to try to find some food.
He hung up the phone. "Goodmorning ma."
My head started ringing. "Ugh, can you stop yelling? My head hurts so bad."
He chuckled and walked over to me.
I asked him, "What did you do to me last night? Where is Toya?"
"I took care of you last night. You couldnt find yo friend so I bought you to my hotel room."
I sucked my teeth. "You really should've left me. We didn't have sex though right?"
"Hell nah, I wouldn't fuck a girl who was drunk. I aint tryna have you throwing up on me."
I gave him a faint smile.
My phone started ringing and it was Kev.
I answered. "Hello?"
"Yeah, where you at? Toya called telling me she couldnt find you last night."
"Oh, I'm fine. Im at a friend's house."
"Ok, well I gotta go to class. I'll call you later ma."
"Ok bye." I said hanging up.
August was laughing and I frowned at him. "I really hate you."
He smiled. "I love you too."
I laughed and we stood there in silence until he broke the silence. "It's been a year since Mel died."
I looked up at him and he was looking down. I felt bad so I walked over to him.
He said, "I went to his grave the other day and I was talking to him. Not on no crazy shit or nothing but I was talking to him about life and the shit that I do and I realized what I really need and want in life."
I nodded my head for him to continue.
He did, "And something told me that you was what I need. You aint scared of my past. You dont treat me no different cause I'm doing bigger things. I appreciate that ma and I'm ready to admit that I wanna be with you."
It was alot to process so I simply said. "Can I get a blunt?"
He smirked and got a shoe box with the weed in it. I sat down and began rolling a blunt.
"Well, you're alittle too late cause I have a boo."
"And? I don't give a fuck about your 'boo'. I want you."
I began smoking the blunt. I do like August but the way his attitude is set up, I dunno if I wanna deal with him.
"I don't know."
He just leaned down and kissed me. I tried my hardest not to kiss back but I had to.
He led me to couch while taking off my shirt.
I just let it all happen.

When we finished, we both fell asleep. When I woke up, it was 1:30. I got out of bed and put on the dress from last night. I called a cab to take me back to my dorm. I was already late for class, so I took a shower and put on some shorts and a crop top and some converses. I put my hair in a messy bun and was on my way to my class.
All through the rest of my classes, I couldn't stop thinking about what August said to me and how easily I gave it up to him. I feel bad that I had to be the one to not remain faithful in Kev and I's relationship.
____________________________________________________

Vote
Comment
Follow
BTdubbs I didn't proofread so yeah.

picture of Jaelynn to right