Chapter twenty six

Jaelynn
I've been slowly trying to recover after that scare of miscarrying. I am fine, but Chaz treats me like a baby and doesn't want me to do anything. Anyways, I'm moving into my own apartment because I'm gonna need space. Also, my aunt is doing much better. I'll still be over there though.
Right now, I'm packing boxes with the help of Chaz and Shannon. Shannon's moving with me because My aunt has a boyfriend.
As I pick up a pile of my books, Chaz stops me. "I got it."
I suck my teeth and whine. "I can do it Chaz. I'm having a baby. I'm not one."
Chaz chuckles. "Oh well. You not supposed to be picking up nothing."
I sighed and sat on the couch. "Fine then damn."
As I sat, the doorbell rang, so I got up to answer and surprisingly, Chaz didn't stop me.
When I answered, it was August. I hadn't seen him in 2 weeks and he's been calling and texting me, but I ignored all of them. He smiled at me, and I quickly shut the door. He kept ringing the bell, so I opened it. "What nigga?" "Look, I'm really sorry I wasn't -- " I cut him off. "Save it August. I'm done with you. We only speaking if it's about the baby. So you can go." I said as I closed the door. An envelope slid under the door.
I read the letter.
Dear Jae,

I'm really sorry for not being there when you almost miscarried. But I've been thinking and when the baby's born, I want your permission to get a DNA test. I'm not denying the baby. I just wanna make sure.

Sincerely,

August

After I read his letter, I torn that shit up. Is he serious right now?! A fucking DNA test! I've only slept with two people my whole life,who were Brandon and August. I don't know what the fuck August got going on in his head, but he needs to fix it. He's full of shit. Ever since he got with that Christina bitch, he's been acting differently like I wasn't there when he was shooting in the gym. Bullshit. As always, August got me fucked up.
__________________________
Really quick update, but I just wanna let you guys know that this book ends soon. When I end it, I'll start the sequel immediately, so don't worry. I just need a cover for the sequel. Love yall.