Lantern and the Truth

Yukimura doesn't feel like himself as they walked around. He just can't point his finger to it. But something felt really different about him. He can't be like this. He needs his complete focus at the nationals. Rikkaidai must win. No one can stop them. No one will stop the kings from defending their title.

Just as Yukimura found his resolve Niou decided to but in and pull a prank to Marui causing Marui to run and bump into someone and that someone almost collide with Jasmine when Yukimura pulled her then looked at Niou who is smirking and to Marui who is now swimming along with the fish in one of the stalls.

Can't they even just for once give him a break and stop causing trouble? Yukimura thought as he looked at Jasmine.

"Are you alright?" Yukimura asked Jasmine appeared to be flustered about what happened added with how close their face is. When Jasmine nodded her head Yukimura let her go and went to Marui and Niou.

"I will deal with this tomorrow." That is all what Yukimura said and that did the trick to make everyone throw daggers to Niou. This will surely affect all of them.

This ended badly Renji thought. Looks like they will run an extra mile tomorrow.

Jasmine notice the grim look on everyone's faces. She then decided to follow Yukimura.

"Yukimura-san." Jasmine called to Yukimura who is now nearing the beach. The waves of the ocean is heard. Yukimura turned his head and looked at Jasmine.

"Why are you here Taira-san? You should go back and enjoy the festival."

"Everyone looks grim." Jasmine said as she take stand next to Yukimura.

"Is that so?"

"Besides I really don't do well with crowds."

"That makes the two of us." Yukimura said as he stopped just in front of the beach. Jasmine decided to voice her thoughts.

"You know you shouldn't be so hard to them just because Niou pulled a prank on Marui. . .I know it's not my place to tell. . .it's just that I'm concern." Jasmine said a little to hesitant. Yukimura on the other hand is stunned. No one ever told him that he is wrong. As he is someone who always strive for perfection and this girl just told him that he is wrong even though it's not directly.

"Do not concern yourself about small things. It's just that if I tolerate this then they won't grow up. The clock doesn't work backwards it move forwards. At some point everyone need to realize this and I want them to be ready for it." Yukimura said making Jasmine looked at him. "Everyone needs to learn that in every action they do, every mistake has its price to pay. That is reality."

"You don't speak like someone your age." Jasmine said making Yukimura smile at her.

"Don't I?" Yukimura asked now in a teasing tone.

"Yeah. You don't." Jasmine said then chuckle.