I was given new arrows too as I had broken a few while training with Aura, my original ones had blackish brown feathers but the elvish had pure white ones

I looked around the little house I called home for a while before leaving. I first saw Fortis, he had been given a short blade just in case he needed it, a brand new pair of black pants and leather wrist bracers, he had been given a cape that I saw hanging out of his bag, he didn't wear anything else up top but that wasn't uncommon for us wolves and cats.

Next was Custos with a light green T-shirt with a hood like mine and still wearing her guard chest plat she left her kingdom with, it looked smoother and more polished then before though.

She opted to stay with brow shorts instead of changing to pants like I did, I couldn't tell if she was given anything like the two of us her, her dagger didn't need to be changed out so maybe sharpened a bit

She opted to stay with brow shorts instead of changing to pants like I did, I couldn't tell if she was given anything like the two of us her, her dagger didn't need to be changed out so maybe sharpened a bit. We were given food and I once more checked if I had everything on me, the little golden whistle was important.

"A cart leaves today towards an elvish settlement on the side of the forest, from there you'll find your way to the vampires' kingdom easily, the arrangements are done and you will be roomed when arriving there." The queen told us, quite a bunch of elves could be seen up in the trees and around us that had come to set us off. the others climbed on and I looked around, staying by the queen for a last thing.

"My queen I had not got the chance of saying my goodbyes to Aura, may I know where she is? I own her."

"She has left us in the first lights of the morning but fear not child of the all mother, you will see her earlier then you could think." I got sad then confused listening to her but nodded.

"And my queen... One last question... Well I'm not sure if it's even a question really as I just started to think about this but... I can already tell this journey will leave its marks, good and bad and that the burden might get heavier each day, so much my back might break into it... Despite that I will still carry it but... When I'm done with this quest for peace and might wish to pull back, to take a break..." "You will always be welcome in our lands for as long as you wish to stay if you really bring peace, you haven't forgotten our agreement have you?"

"No my queen, if I fail my head shall rest at your feet, severed from my body by my own hands."

"Very well, now go and join your comrades." I nodded and climbed on the cart as it slowly left. I let my thoughts drift as I took out and held the small bundle of cloth the egg was in on my lap.

The first death that affected me was the elvish guide's death, all the others I could pass over without guilt... What more guilt might this journey bring to me? What more suffering shall I add and what pain shall I bring to people? I wish I knew the answers to these questions and to some others, a few of them being will I make it out alive? Will they accept peace? What will happen to all of us and the question that never changes, always screaming from the back of my mind, always nagging me, 

Always haunting me...

Why me?

Just why?

Of all people.

Why?

Me?

Why?