Chapter 51 - Mass Conference

Start from the beginning

The citizen representative was sent to ask about what had happened. However, he didn't return for half a day. He said that he was interrogated by the mysterious man all sudden about this city when he entered the Witch Queen's office. He kept asking for a retirement in the middle of explaining the things happened. It seemed like that the Witch Queen would hold a mass conference on the unforeseen calamity. 

The mass conference was held after a week. The Witch Queen, Ancestor Witch Queen, Alicia-sama, Karina-sama and the mysterious man sat at the podium. The first thing the Witch Queen did was apologizing to the masses for her foolish act which almost led this city into extinction. A representative asked about the reason but she didn't answer it. She was trembling in fear as if she was reminded of her trauma instead. In her place, Alicia-sama had decided to speak.

"Etto, please let me explain the reason in that regards."

Alicia-sama said. 

"But, before that, let me introduce this gentleman here. This is my beloved husband as well as the Lord Karina had served, Ren Concerto-sama. Ren-sama looks like a human right now but Ren-sama is not one. His actual race is a dragon. He is the father of our only daughter, Lilliana."

She introduced the man. The atmosphere went grim at once. Especially those who had tried to make a foolish move on Alicia-sama which also means trying to incite a dragon wrath itself. The people who mistook the little dragon as her pet and tried to take it by force several times also trembled in fear.

"This man might not look like it but this guy here, is without doubt stronger than me. So, I suggest that those who aimed for Lady Alicia here to completely give up. After all, this gentleman was pretty temperamental when it concerned his wife and daughter. The unsightly state which had befallen on both me and Alreshia was just a 'light' punishment from this gentleman."

Ancestor Witch Queen-sama added. Many men fainted on the spot, peed their pants, or suddenly took out a pen and paper to write down their final will.

"But, Ren-sama is very forgiving person. So, as long as you don't repeat it, you shall be left alone."

Karina added. She looked proud as she said it.

"Then, the explanation about the previous incidents of Ren-sama's rampage on the other day is that he was angry toward these two idiotic 'Witch Queens' who had cast a 'mind manipulation magic on both Karina and I to forget the existence of Ren-sama.'"

The citizen looked at the Witch Queens in disbelieve after hearing ALicia-sama's words. Alreshia-sama looked down in guilt. But, it's not like I can blame her for it as I was also grateful that she had managed to end the problem inside the city even it was just for few years.

"Alicia, you're overdoing it."

The man, Ren Concerto, spoke up. Everyone's eyes were directed at him.

"I think it would be meaningless to get angry anymore. I'm originally a pacifist who don't really likes to battle in fact. But, it would be completely separate matter if some fools try to peek the death door at will."

He said leisurely. It sounded calm and harmless but for some reason his words were very heavy especially the latter part. 

"But, from what I heard from Arleshia, this place is surviving using Alchemy and Witchcraft. My wife was currently studying about Witchcraft under her. That's why I have decided to stay here 'peacefully' for some time. I will help things here as long as Alicia's studying Witchcraft. I also need to recover my level after all."

He said. Some people sighed in relieve, some people paled up, and some people even became excited with expectation.

"By the way, I will intrude your turf for a bit, Invidia. Can I build a lab on a vacant lot nearby? I need a temporarily base for some things."

He said while looking at Ancestor Witch Queen-sama. The way he called her piqued my interest but perhaps this was a secret agreement among them so I didn't dare to ask.

"Hou, laboratory you say? Are you researching something?"

Ancestor Queen Witch-sama asked curiously.

"No, even like this, I'm more or less an Alchemist. I need a lab or two if i will need to stay for several years. Is that fine? Ah, I might want to hire some assistant for my research so all Alchemist are welcome to help."

He said. I widened my eyes when I heard it. It was completely unexpected that the person who was stronger than Ancestor Witch QUeen-sama was an Alchemist like me.

"Understood. I'll allow it. I'll let Alreshia handle the details later."

She said. There was no more important announcement after that. It was just nothing but a hidden form of a threat for those who aiming for Alicia-sama or the baby dragon Lilliana-sama. After the conference ended, i quickly returned to my room to start writing my essay for obtaining one of the position as Ren-sama's assistant.