Chapter Eighteen; What The Shit!?

Start from the beginning

"Then I get fat too so you can't pick me up." Brantley said smiling. I laughed and shook my head at him.

"I can't even pick you up now." I said.

"Then I guess you need to get fat." Brantley said smiling. I rolled my eyes at him and lightly hit his chest.

"Not gonna happen." I said. Brantley chuckled and put me down when we got to the front porch. Kolby was on the phone and I could tell he was talkin to a girl cause he was smiling.

"So Kolbster. Who ya talkin too?" I asked sitting down beside him.

"A friend." He said smirking.

"A friend or a "friend"." I said putting air quotes around the second friend.

"A "friend"." He said using air quotes

"Uh oh. Get it Kolby." I said causing him and Brantley to laugh.

"We'll see ya later man. I'm takin my girl out tonight." Brantley said flashing me a smile.

"Alright. See you guys later." Kolby said.

As Brantley and I were walking down the steps I heard Kolby tell the girl that I was his brothers girlfriend. She must have heard me and suspected something, oh well. Brantley opened my door for me and I climbed in. Brantley went around to his side and climbed in stating the truck and backing out of the drive way.

"I'm gonna take you to your place and I'll pick you up at six. Okay?" Brantley asked glancing at me. I looked at the clock on the radio and it read 1:30 so I've got a little over four hours to get ready.

"That's perfect." I said looking over and smiling.

"Alright angel." Brantley said. I turned the radio on and skimmed through the stations until I found something I liked. Being satisfied with that I sat back in my seat and looked out the window. When we pulled into the driveway of the house Jake's truck was still there. I shook my head and looked at Brantley.

"You wanna grab your stuff and get ready at my place?" He asked looking from Jake's truck to me.

"Nah, I'll be alright. I'll see you at six." I said leaning over an giving him a small kiss.

"See ya then angel." Brantley said smiling. I smiled and got out of the truck walking up to the front door and turning around to watch Brantley back out of the driveway. Before he headed to his house he waved and I waved back. He pulled away and I went inside trying to be quiet.

"I saw that." Sarah said from behind me as soon as I closed the door scaring the hell outta me.

"Shit." I said putting my hand over my heart.

"I saw you kiss Brantley." Sarah said with a sly smile.

"Yes you did." I said walking past her.

"You're not going to deny it?" She asked following me.

"No." I said looking back at her. "Hey Jake." I said seeing him sitting on the couch.

"Hey Carter." Jake said with a small wave.

"Well why?" Sarah asked.

"Cause he's my boyfriend." I said like it was nothing.

"What the shit!?" Sarah yelled.

"Yeah." I said slightly shrugging.

"Carter!" Sarah yelled.

"What?" I asked continuing my walk up the stairs.

"Boyfriend!? When did that happen!?" She asked still following me and yelling.

"Last night. We relived prom night and it was perfect." I said smiling.