24. One Cup Of Coffee

Start from the beginning

"It's just th-"

As he is replying, the cups slip away from my hand and breaks into thousands of pieces on the floor. I cry out as I'm bare feet.

"Don't mov-"

Before Erden can finish his order, I have already jumped on him, my arms encircled around his neck, my body hanging to it. Literally, I'm standing on his feet. My bare feet are resting on his shoes so that they don't touch the floor, which is scattered with broken pieces.

"Learn how to hold a glass, Hazel!" Lexi yells from the salon, which makes me realise the awkwardness of my current position.

My heartbeat starts to throb. I immediately look at Erden's face, and I almost stop breathing on seeing how close his face is to mine. I have gained a few centimeters by standing on his shoes, rendering my eyes at the level of his luring lips. His comely face is so near to mine, just one little lean of my head, and his lips will be on mine.

My body shivers at the thought of feeling them after so long.

But I'm comforted by the warmth of his body. It's clasped to mine, chest against chest, stomach against stomach, hips against hips. I guess he can even feel my pulsating heartbeat, just like I'm hearing his rough breathing. We stay stuck, staring at each other's eyes in passion and contemplation.

"I-I'm gonna put you on the counter and then get your shoes, alright?" Erden hesitantly utters, which brings me back to reality.

I didn't even get to think how he would do so, when I suddenly feel his hands slide down from my waist and unexpectedly grab the back of my knees.

I quiver.

"Jump." Erden orders.

What? Oh, god.

Without thinking twice, I fulfill his command. With my hands still around his neck, I fleetly jump on him and wrap my legs around his waist. Thank god, I'm wearing something covering my legs. His hands which are grasping my limbs, help me to hold my body tightly against his waist.

At that moment, I forget how to breathe. I'm thrown into a sea of emotions, nearly to drown in it as I leer deeper into Erden's sea green eyes. It's the first time I'm being carried that way.

I can feel how his lower part is pressed against mine, causing my body to shudder. My cheeks heat up as I remember how good it felt when I rub myself onto in the car.

With his eyes locked to mine, his lips are slightly parted as he is breathing heavily, surely because of my weight. He then walks to the counter while ogling at my face.

No words are said, just our breathing syncing together.

Erden carefully sets me on the counter, his gaze not leaving mine. His pupils are strangely dilated. I can also notice that his eyes has turned darker. It's no longer that light turquoise one, but instead a shade of deep green is prominent.

I can recognize it. They are similar to how they were when there was that tension between us. Does it mean that the book still affects him too?

I suddenly freeze.

My cheeks start burning as I realise that my legs are spread, his body in between.

I can't retain a gasp from escaping my mouth, which makes him realise what's happening. He looks down at our posture, smirking, and immediately steps back.

Without losing any second, I close my legs, squeezing them together tightly.

"I-I..I'm going to look for your shoes." Erden says, trying to muffle his grins.