21

———————————————————
Song 21 - Jaymes Young - Habits of my heart
———————————————————
Arthit's POV
I got home as quickly as I could but I was still too late. If it wasn't Kongpob who I helped I would probably regret it. It seemed worth it just to meet him. Maybe he could change me.

Or maybe I was thinking to deeply into this. We only just met after all.

I hesitated to knock on the door. I knew my mother wasn't here tonight, she was round her friends house for dinner. This was a dangerous situation. I had no one to protect me from my father, even Pha. I doubted he had come home yet. I didn't when I was his age.

Like he could sense me standing outside of the door. The door swung open revealing my father looking particularly angry. I was half an hour late and he knew what I had done last night.

I gulped at the thought of what might happen to me.

"Come in now Arthit before I make you." He almost growled. There wasn't a hint of empathy in his voice.

I scurried inside. My father was the only person who I had ever been scared of. He was just so intimidating, you just knew not to mess with him. His reputation proceeded him.

He was scary when he was normal. When he was angry, he was terrifying.

The thought of the punishment I was about to endure made my legs shake. I tried to stop it but I couldn't. I hadn't felt fear in a long time. Today was just one of those days.

He slammed the door behind me.

"Where the hell have you been!?!" He shouted flinging his arms around aimlessly. They came dangerously close to me but not close enough to hit me.

"I...I..." I tried to talk but the words were stuck in my throat. I felt like I couldn't breathe let alone talk.

"Don't even bother finishing your sentence. I don't even want to know what you were doing to make you late."

"B..but..."

"But what?"

"I.. I wasn't doing what you think I was doing."

"What were you doing then?"

"I was helping someone find the noodle shop; they were lost."

"Who's noodle shop?"

"Namjoon's."

"WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU GO THERE? WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT THAT BOY?!"

"I was just helping them. I didn't do.."

... I was interrupted by an ear shattering slap to my face. I clutched on to my cheek without thinking. Holding my face was going to do nothing but give him more motivation to punish me.

"YOU CAN NOT BE GAY ARTHIT IF YOU ARE I WILL FIX YOU. You can be the perfect son again." He shouted passive aggressively.

"I'm fucking gay dad."

He walked closer to me.

"What did you just say?"

"I said I'm fucking gay dad."

He raised his hand above me.

"Hit me, prove to me how bad of a father you really are."

Most parents would've backed at my threat but my father wasn't most parents. He had the opposite reaction.