• F o r t y T w o •

Nagisa's POV

The car speed forward while the Akabane's was after us. I could tell Karma fell asleep somehow because his face was laying on my shoulder. Hayami was honking at other cars to move out of the way while Okuda kept stalling them with red lights.

But now the question slowly crept up. Where are we gonna stay? His parents know where Karma's house is no duh but....

They don't know where mine is. I inched towards Hayami and yelled "Take a left down that street." She looked at me with a doubtful expression but, turned left anyway.

By time Ritsu stalled the red light, we lost them. Hayami still kept her speed just in case. We soon came to my apartment and parked by the front.

Karma woke up and immediately picked me up out of the car. My face flushed as I unlocked the front door of the building. The smell of paint and tea smacked us in the face, allowing everyone to take a deep breath and relax again.

Knowing that Karma was here was the best part. Even though he could've been in America right now, enjoying the hot dogs and hamburgers, he chose to stay here with me. I smiled at the thought and played with my fingers.

Karma gently placed me on the couch and ran to the bathroom. Asano took a look at my ankle and sighed. "It's not broken thankfully but it is badly sprained. You must've fell on it pretty hard." I sighed and crossed my arms. "Well I'm not that heavy..." Asano laughed and took a seat on the couch.

"Nagisaaa! You don't have any food in here! I'm starving!" Hayami yelled from the kitchen. "W-well we can order?" She ran to me and smiled. "Hell yeah! It'll be on me!" I was about to get up until Karma ran back to me and sat me down.

"Nagisa you can't walk yet." My face flushed as he kissed my forehead softly. He proceeded to take out the first aid kit and the bandages he brought. "Your house is loaded with medical supplies." I chuckled as he gently lifted my foot onto a stool.

He held a ice pack to the bruised area and wrapped the bandage around it. "You guys are an amazing couple and all but please! I'm starving here." Hayami was practically holding her stomach, crawling on the floor. "Ok ok let's order sushi of something." Chiba said laying further back into the couch.

     I nodded since sushi was amazing and everyone agreed. The ice pack sent shivers down my spine while Karma carried me to the kitchen since I couldn't walk according to him. "Karma I'm fine I'll walk and save you the trouble." He sighed and adjusted me so he could grab milk.

    "Nagisa your injured because of me. This is the best I could do."

"But I c-"

"Nope."

"But ser-"

"No"

"I-"

"No I can't put your ankle at risk."

   I pouted and folded my arms. "Well at least set me on the counter so you can drink your milk." He placed me down and poured a glass. He then reached in the cabinets and pulled out my strawberry syrup that I kept just in case of food shortages.

     "Do you want some?" He asked, his eyes sending me into a trance. "E-er no." He smiled at my words and stirred the strawberry syrup into the milk causing it to turn pink. I smiled softly and watched my feet dangle from the counter. 

    I lifted my head up only to see a straw pointed at my lips.

  "Look Nagisa. Stop putting other people in front of yourself. Your medical condition and self care come first then everything and everyone else." My eyes adverted to the straw then to his eyes. "So drink some. I know your thirsty."

    He was right I don't remember when we had that tea.

     My lips took ahold of the straw and I took a sip.

It was the best strawberry milk I've ever had...