• T h i r t y •

Karma's POV

"Please just leave me alone." My hand clenched the phone as I hugged my knees. "Please just don't talk to me."

"Karma please..."

"Leave me alone please. You guys never loved me until now. Actually I don't know what this is."

"This is our love to you Karma. We love y-"

"DON'T SAY THAT TO ME! IF YOU REALLY LOVED ME YOU WOULDN'T HAVE LEFT ME ALONE WHEN I WAS ONLY 10!" Silence rang around the atmosphere as tears stung my eyes. "I was only 10..."

"Karma we said sorry so many times."

"Sorry isn't enough mom. If you didn't care about money we could've been a happy family..." The words hurt as I said them. "If you just accepted the fact that I wanted to follow my own dreams then I wouldn't have these invisible scars." The line ended...

    I threw my phone and broke down. I buried my head in my knees, letting the tears fall.
They stained my shirt with emotions that are difficult to explain. I hated them but if they just took the time to come here and say they love me that'd make me smile. It'd make me hug them. Instead it's all about money. Not about me or love but money and greed.

I heard Nagisa shuffle around while I kept crying. I didn't wipe my tears, I just stayed there. I heard his light footsteps coming towards me. He knelt beside me and hugged me. The feeling felt so warm making my tears heavier. His grip tightened as he laid his head on my shoulder. "Don't cry Karma a frown doesn't fit you."

I lifted my head and looked into his eyes. He took his thumb and wiped my remaining tears, smiling sweetly and softly. "Whatever your going through I'm here." I smiled, tears continuing to fall down my cheeks. He hugged me again this time I hugged back. The back of his gown got wet while he rubbed circles on my back. "It's ok Karma. I'm not going anywhere."

     It felt like a shimmer of hope came from those words. They stayed in my ears making me slightly smile. If they came back or not Nagisa is here.