Could she have been serious? What did she want with me? Would we be prepared? What would happen if she got to me? What would happen to the pack if a fight broke out? What if—

An arm wrapped around my waist and tugged me forwards into a chest immediately as I entered the house. I breathed in the familiar foresty scent of my mate, allowing myself to be completely enveloped by his embrace.

"I could practically see on your face the internal freak out that you've got going on in your head." Matteo remarked as he rested his chin on the top of my head.

I scrunched my nose, I didn't think it had been that obvious. The last thing I wanted was for everyone to know that I was genuinely concerned for today.

That didn't mean I didn't have faith in Matteo. I believed him when he said nothing would hurt me ever again, I truly did. But that didn't mean I wasn't allowed to worry just a little bit now and again.

Ever since we returned from Lysander's complex a year ago, I have practically been living in an eternal state of bliss with Matteo.

He showed me the ways of being a werewolf, for reals this time. While I showed him how to not be a d:ck all the time, it was a work in progress. It was remarkable to see how much we both helped each other grow every single day. Having a connection with my wolf finally was inexplicable and to be able to truly feel that connection with Matteo and my wolf felt so right, it completed me entirely.

I loved him so much it sometimes physically ached which sounded corny as sh:t but it was true. I never experienced this kind of overwhelming happiness before.

Plus, the sex was amazing.

Matteo loosened his hold on me, allowing me to step back ever so slightly and stand face to face with him.

I shrugged dismissively with a sigh, "I dunno." My hand subconsciously rubbed my forearm nervously. "It's just..."

Matteo frowned and crossed his arms and I felt my heart beat race because even to this day he was still mildly intimidating when he wanted to be. "It's just what? You don't have confidence in my abilities as Alpha to protect you—as your mate?"

I quickly shook my head, truly believing I stuck a nerve in Matteo but his fast smile that followed said otherwise. "Olive, baby, you are completely safe. No one and no curse will ever change that."

An alarm rang from Matteo's phone, he glanced up at me and showed me the screen. "It's noon."

We got the message from Isabel last year at noon. She announced a curse would befall our pack if I wasn't turned over within the year. Clearly we hadn't adhered to her warning.

So this was it. We would find out if there was any truth behind her declaration or if it was just an empty threat.

He took my hand and we walked outside together. I had a sinking, sickening suspicion it was the former.

People poured into the clearing, obviously invested and interested in the outcome of today as the threat could potentially affect each and every person here.

Matteo looked completely calm, there wasn't any sign of worry on his body. I took a deep breath, maybe he was right?

A soft voice cleared their throat beside me and when I looked over I saw Fran and Amias. Amias shot me and encouraging thumbs up to which I offered a shaky smile in return.

It would be nice if Isabel would at least be punctual with her threats.

It was virtually completely silent across the entire pack, you could probably hear a pin drop or in this case, my erratic heartbeat. Matteo had his phone out to keep time, I watched as one minute went by and then another and another until almost ten minutes passed.

Amias loudly yawned, "Well this has been great." He saluted Matteo and I, "Guess you'll live to see another day." There was shaky, half hearted laughter across the clearing as people began to disperse. Isabel had been bluffing, there was nothing wrong—no curse, no trouble, just a regular day after all.

That was until Fran fell to her knees on the floor, she was clutching her head tightly as she rolled to her side moaning in agony. It almost looked like she was having a seizure, Amias rushed over to her side immediately stabilizing her neck. Suddenly Fran stopped convulsing, her head lulling to the side into the grass. A pink fog slipped out of her mouth as if she exhaled into cold hair.

Pink fog.

Isabel appeared in the clearing last year as an apparition in pink cloudy smoke, which could only mean one thing...

The curse was real.

oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

wow.
This book is finally, really over and it's just the weirdest feeling ever. Olive and all of the characters in this book mean the world to me and it has been so amazing to see all of you embrace them so lovingly.

Thank you for all the encouragement and support, thank you for putting up with late updates (smh i am sorry lololol) and thank you for believing in this unconventional—imperfect werewolf book.

I said this before but...YES YES YES there is a sequel! this epilogue sets the stage for the next set of adventures that our friends will tackle (-:

Early 2019 is the hopeful release date of the first couple chapters of that sequel...I dunno maybe sooner though, we'll have to see.

IN THE MEAN TIMEEE, check out my other 2 books! I will be posting the first T H R E E chapters of "Mercy and the Merciless Alpha" this week and updating "Talia" next week!

Thank you again.

I love you all.

xxq