CHAPTER 37

LAVI'S POV

**

"Are you sure you saw someone at the door?" i asked Dayo again for the tenth and final time and his answer was still pretty much the same

"She was a girl and i don't know why but she looked like she was hiding from someone" he replied with a confused expression

"Can you describe her?" i asked again.

"I'm not sure but she looked so different"

"How different?"

What part of describe her did he not understand. I need more details,am getting frustrated over here.

"She has curly afro hair like those American girls we see on tv"

Katherine!

The moment he made mentioned of 'American girl', i just knew she was the one.

I could very much picture her biting her lower lips as she leaned against the wall and to even think that she was hiding away doesn't add up but then again; why would she come all the way to see me but left without even coming close.

Maybe Dayo was wrong but his description was way too accurate to be just a coincidence. It can only be Katherine and no one else.

My mom came in with a bucket of water some minutes later and our faces fell to the ground the moment she walked in,her expression looked alot disturbing.

Did she have a fight with someone while at the tap?

"Mom are you Okay?" Bisi had asked before i could.

"I'm fine, why do you ask?"

"Nothing, i just thought you look a bit upset"

"I'm just tired that's all..your dad should be arriving soon to take you home"

She turned and looked at Nike who was yawning repeatedly at this point... She was obviously tired after all the laughter.

My mom picked her up and placed her on her bosom as she yawned again before dozing. Her head resting against her chest.

Even though she said she was not upset, i could still tell that something was eating her up as she kept murmuring incoherent words to herself even as she rocked Nike into deeper slumber.

"Mom what happened? Did you run into Katherine on your way to get water?"

Her expression went rigid the moment i mentioned her name confirming my suspicion.

"Why would you think that?"

"I don't know, Dayo said he saw someone like her earlier and now you came in looking like this!"

She looked her self over...

"Like what?" her eyes narrowing at me in anger

"It doesn't matter what but you got upset the last time i asked about Katherine and even told me you don't remember her coming over to the hospital to see me but that wasn't true"