Chapter 1♧♤♡

This chapter is dedicated to @yewandejoseph who inspired and encourage me to take this bold first step...thanks a zillion

Katherine's pov

My name is Katherine Joseph Benjamin. The only daughter to doctor Ogar Joseph Benjamin and this is my story. ..

At sixteen, I was literally shipped back to Africa by my dad whose latest project was taking him back to his home country Nigeria. My dad is not only a doctor but works at an NGO dedicated to providing free medical treatment for people battling with cancer and other related diseases.

We lost my mom to the cold cruel hands of cancer when I was just eight years old and my dad has dedicated his knowledge and resources to providing help for those suffering from the same illness.

Back in Nigeria, things didn't turn out so great for me.  The weather was extremely hot and dry and worst of all, they is always a constant power black out that could last for weeks and the noises coming from the constant beating of the generators at night was unbearable and sleeping at night became a struggle for me.

At first,I couldn't understand why dad had to drag me along. It was obvious I was contributing less to his project and complaining more. Dad already has everything going on for him while I on the other hand was still struggling with almost everything not to mention as a newbie in Maryann International secondary school Ikeja.

And as the name implies, the school was quite international with all the basic necessity any standard school could afford . The environment was warm and welcoming. The shrubs were nicely trimmed which actually added to its beauty. The school itself was a two story structure standing opposite each other and painted in bright yellow and blue windows with a massive size balcony that barely accommodate groups of students hanging from each floor. The school library stood in between the staff offices and a clinic. A huge basketball court that stretches a few distance to the right almost competiting with the football field to the left. The school environment was pretty impressive.

Everything was going on well with the interview cos apparently the principal happens to be my dad's old time friend and seems to be happy having me under his care much to my dislike but that was until he mentioned the only thing I was trying so hard to ignore even though I knew it was inevitable to a fault.

The moment the principal made mentioned of a school uniform, I knew I was in for serious business. Back in London, uniforms were required only on uniforms days and not every single day under the sky. This was a major deal for me and I can't help but feel sick about the whole thing.

I wish I had a second choice about tagging along, not that I had any other options to choose from.

A Pena four uniform?  Are these people for real? ?

Yes they were for real and I ended up wearing that piece of clothing to school the next week. The skirt was too big and the shirt was baggy enough to hide a hamburger to school.

Who on earth got this piece of clothes that could pass out as a costume in an art class for a uniform...

But as hideous as that sounds, I have to admit something though. Their choice of colors is pretty impressive.  Deep shade of blue check and a cotton white long sleeve with a blue tie and a dark shade of blue blazer.

My only consolation for wearing the uniform of course. ...

A/N

End of chapter one....

What do you think about Katherine and her views about her new environment. ...don't judge her too harshly, remember we all react differently to a change of environment. ...

Don't forget to hit the little star icon on your left cos that's how you get to vote and please do leave a comment...I do appreciate your love and support. ..

Much love
Xoxo
Agnesomalia