Chapter 6♧♤♡

"Kitty"

Katherine's pov

I finally got home after waiting under that hot sorching sun for another thirty whole minutes.

I hurried straight to my room and dived right into my bathtub the moment I managed to rid myself of any manner of clothing.

Gezz...this shower is a life saver. I felt my body relaxing bit by bit under the droplets of water.

I don't know how long I was in there but I woke up to the sound of a knock on my door. My dad was calling out to me from the outside.

"I will be right out dad. Am in the shower"

"Well,hurry up and come down. Dinner is served" he called back immediately.

"I'm coming!"

I heard him walked away after that and I was left wondering what he could be doing back there. My dad is barely around ever since we moved back to Nigeria. He has been one hell of a workaholic; running from one hospital to the next.

What the heck!

I scanned through my wardrobe, looking for what to wear. It was still damn too hot for me to be wearing a hoodie. Tossing it aside,I found myself an old orange shirt my dad had got me on my last fifteen birthday and decided to put it on. It was long and baggy enough to cover half of my length.

My dad was already waiting at the dinning when I strolled in.

"Hey dad" kissing him on both cheeks

"Hey kitty, how are you doing? "

"I'm good" I shrugged

"School went well I suppose? "

Yup...I was sure expecting that damn question. I won't be surprised if he asked about the principal well being as well since they are such good friends.

"Yea it did" I shrugged again as I pulled out a chair to seat down.

"Do you wanna talk about it? " he continued

"No dad...I just wanna eat my dinner in peace. Can I have that?"

I wasn't ready to talk about anything relating to that school if it doesn't involve me turning in my transfer and leaving the country as well and am sure my dad knows that already and pushing the matter any forward would be of no use to neither of us.

"Maybe we can talk about it some other time?" He asked again studying me.

Nodding at this point would be better which I did of course as I dish myself some porridge plantain and some vegetables.

After dinner was over,I cleared the table and heads to the kitchen to do the dishes...

"Kitty?" My dad's voice had startled me from behind the kitchen door.

"Dad!"

I turned just as quickly to find him standing at the door with my hand gripping firmly at my chest that was pounding like a drum..