CHAPTER 34

KATHERINE'S POV

*

Woke up the next day and had my bath as early as i could all in an attempt to meet up with my dad before he leaves for the hospital that morning but in the end i was frustrated because he left earlier than i had even imagine.

After waiting for what seemed like forever for the driver to show up. We arrived at the hospital around 10am and i rushed in to check on Lavi just like i had promised the day before only to find his room totally empty.

Where is he?

I hurried down the lobby in total panick as i looked around for my dad since he wasn't picking up his calls. Am sure he knows where or what had happend.

After a while,i found him with some group of doctors outside the conference room. The moment he saw me appoarching from a distance, he excused himself as he began walking towards my direction, his steps picking up the pace to meet mine.

"Kitty? What's wrong?" he asked his eyes scanning me as i got closer.

"I Can't find him dad..his room was empty when i went in to check on him a while again" I replied sounding more worried than i looked.

He looked at me in utter confusion as he took in my bewilered appearance. Sighing in total exhaustion as he stuffed his hands back in his ever white and well ironed labcoat.

"May i ask who you are referring to young lady?" his expression stoic.

I took in a deep breath as i tried to compose myself a bit.

"I couldn't find Lavi in his room dad. Do you know where he is perhaps? I mean you are his doctor" the word slipping out of my mouth in a whisper.

"I should have known you are in this state because of that kid. Why do you even care so much about him if i may ask?"

"Dad Please, i just wanna see him and make sure he is doing Okay"

He flare up at my words...did i say something wrong?

"Don't give me that lame excuse Katherine. I'm your father and i know you too well to think that you are being stupid right now but no you aren't and that's why am a bit surprised to see you obessessing over that kid"

obessessed?

I said Nothing in reply as i bit down on my bottom lips. My head hanging low avoiding his gaze as he looked me over.

"You have been obessessing over that boy since the accident even to the point of negelecting yourself and now that he is awake and on the road to recovery, you are getting even worst. Don't you think it's high time you worry about yourself as well? I mean, look at you; You are all pale and thin. Have you even been eating?"

I shifted uncomfortably under his scrutizing eyes as he continued to look me up and down. His voice totally angered.

"Listen here young lady, am not gonna have you running around this hospital every minute and second of each day because of that kid. This nonsense has got to stop and i mean this very instance so turn around and go home" he barked at me causing a shiver of fright down my spine.

The thought of heeding to his command the moment he barked them at me was almost trembling but i just couldn't get my feet to respond even if i had wanted them to as they were frozen to the ground, not to mention my churning stomach that was reminding me of how accurate my dad's accusation were.

I haven't been eating well and this morning when i left for the hospital,i left without eating but no matter what, am not gonna leave without seeing him.

"Forgive me dad but i can't leave without seeing him. Am sorry" my voice breaking as i pleaded.

He looked at me sternly but said nothing as his hardened expression got even more stoic.

"Just this once please. Let me see him" sobbing in silent as tears began to make their way down my cheeks.

Why am i crying??

He took another step towards me as he raised my chin to meet his eyes..

"You are even crying because of that kid?. What's happening to you" he asked totally shocked.

I gave a shrug instead as i couldn't find my word...

How do i explain to him that, lavi means much more to me than just a friend and has nothing to do with me feeling guilty about his accident but because I love him and will want to be there for him even if his mom wants me far from him and as if that's not enough, i have him to contain with.

After a while,his rigid feature began to soften a little as he pulled me in for a hug..

"I'm sorry dad...so sorry"

"It's okay kitty but just this once okay?" he warned me as he pulled away to look at my face.

"Just this once i promise" smiling in between as i wipe my tears.

"He has been moved to another room for recovery..Last floor by your right"

"Room 16B" he chipped in.

"Thanks dad"

As i turned to leave,his voice called at me again.

After staring at me for what seemed like eternity, he finally let his word slip.

"Be careful"

I gave a small nod and a smile that extended all the way to my cheeks and sting my ears as i turned and hurried away not withstanding the silent warning that lies beneath those words he just utter lightly....

Okay guys..another chapters for my lovely readers....so what do you think guys

Was Katherine father too harsh there or just looking out for her well being.After all, she is all he has 😉😄

Please Don't forget to me your girl happy by clicking on that little star icon on your left...

I usually dance for a few minute when i see that vote thing....And Please Please, have any questions? Ask away, i will be glad to answer all of it.

With hope
Xoxo Agnesomalia