CHAPTER 36

A little recap about Katherine...We left her right where she was headed to see lavi after having an encounter with her father...

Katherine's pov

*

I could still feel my dad's eyes trailing me even as i walked away. He was still watching every bit of step i took away from him; rounding the corner as i head towards the stairs leading to the top floor.

My eyes scanned every number on each door as i hurried along;pushing my feets to go faster and quicker as each moment i spent searching felt endless and brutal and as if the universe had heard my silent wishes. I finally made it to the last room by the far left and stopped on my track when my eyes came in contact with its room number.

16B...

I sucked in a considerably amount of air as i leaned against the wall trying to catch my breath. I was exhausted and definitely not going to barge in there looking like i am being chased by God knows what.

I was jolted out of my resting mood when i heard little laughter followed by a familiar voice coming from the inside

I took a quick peep and saw a cute little matching face erupting with so much happiness as she played with her big brother. The little girl seemed not older than six and looking at her from such distance,i could still recognize the uncanny resemblance she has with Lavi.

A cute little female version of Lavi.

Lavi on the other hand seemed to be tickling her in high spirit as she couldn't stop laughing at the funny sensation erupting through her body. It wasn't just the little girl that was having fun at that moment . Lavi seemed to be having a blast himself.

He is such a big baby...

Maybe it was best i just turn around and leave. He sure doesn't need me at the moment and am not certain if It's would be okay to meet his siblings or not given the fact that it was my fault that he was in the hospital in the first place.Just because he thinks differently about what happend doesn't mean his siblings are obliged to think the same way as well and I really don't have the energy anymore to stick around and find out.

Just looking at how much they love him,it's enough to know that they will most definitely hate whoever could be the reason for his predicament.

Gosh...this is so hard

I took one long lasting glance at him again as i made my decision to leave before someone sees me standing there like a bewilered child but wasn't fast enough as the little boy seating at the edge of his bed had turned about the same time and looked at me and before he could say something to Lavi while pointing at my direction, i backed away just as swiftly as i could.

As i hurried away, i came face to face with Lavi's mom who had a bucket of water in her hand. She stopped in her track the moment she saw me.

No no no no...not her Please. Dear God!

"Hello...hello ma'am" i choked out trying to sound normal even though my voice was far from being normal.

"What are you doing here?" she asked ignorning my greeting as she glare at me

What did i ever do to get on her bad side...