Chapter 30♧♤♡

"Comma"

Katherine

*

Lavi never made it back home after he left our house that day.

A bus had knocked him over while crossing the road to board a bus home and its been three days since he was admitted at the hospital and he still hasn't woken up.

Dad said he was in a comma.

The whole school have heard about the incident. Some of the student who were genuinely sorry for him actually made it to the hospital to see him even though they were not allowed inside.

Some even think it was entirely my fault that he was involved in an accident.

My chest hurt so bad from all the tears I have cried. Endless possibility of something bad happening to him kept flooding my mind.

What if he doesn't wake up eventually. It'd be my fault.

If I had known this was going to happen, I never would have allowed him to follow me home that day.

I just couldn't afford to loose him like I did with my mom.

This few days has been the hardest for me. I didn't imagine, I'd live through the same shit I did when my mom died.

Hell was becoming way too familiar for me and I was falling deeper into it.

Do I even have the strength to cry anymore than I already have? Lavi's mom has refused to speak with me.

How can she think it's my fault.

Maybe she was right...

If only he had gone straight home from school, none of this would have happened. He'd be here by now trying to steal kisses from me and not lying down there lifeless.

Surprisingly his father was more considerate unlike his wife. he had assured me that his son will be fine eventually cos he was certain that he will wake up and be with us again.

As I sat down beside his bed. I held onto his hand with my shaky and unsteady hands.

He looked so calm and at peace. Only the rising and falling of his chest was the only evidence that he was still alive. Beads of sweat had broken out on his forehead.

I took out my handkerchief that was all wet from the rivers of tears I have cried and wipe his forehead, with my hand lingering around his face a bit longer.

His eye brow were extremely full on his well defined face. He looked so cute when he is not talking. 

"Are you in there lav? Can you hear me? Please don't leave me. I need you to come back,your family needs you..we just started and you are already bailing out on me"

I didn't even bother to hold back the tears that has swollen in my eyes as they began to find their way down my cheeks....

I felt a slight movement in my hand and thought that he might have moved a little.

Can he hear me??