Next, Jahnvi introduced Gauri to Pinky, who gave her a once-over, but was cordial enough to greet her back. Pinky was still a little embarrassed in front of Jahnvi because of how she was the one of the reasons Omkara left the mansion. 

"Unfortunately, my kids are not here. My sons can't attend the Jagraata, and my daughter is in Kerala." said Jahnvi. 

Gauri nodded her head at this remark. 

Suddenly, Gauri had this strange feeling like someone was going to get hurt. Just at that moment, she turned and caught a woman from falling. The girl was a little older than Gauri and taller too. Her arm was in a cast, and her hair covered her face as she looked down, holding onto Gauri for support. 

"Arey, sambhalke!" (Be careful!) said Gauri, as she helped the lady straighten up. It seemed like she had lost her footing on the last step of the staircase, and was about to fall face down on the floor when Gauri caught her. 

"I'm so sorry, I...." stuttered the woman, as she looked at Gauri. 

The woman stopped talking midway to look at Gauri, and Gauri looked back with the same intensity. It felt as if they both knew each other from a long time back, like from another lifetime. It felt that time stopped, and something was nudging them to look beyond the visible and reach out. They were still holding each other, though the elder woman didn't need the younger's support any longer. 

"Annika are you fine?" asked Jahnvi in concern. 

The woman broke off from Gauri, and looked away. Annika. The name sounded familiar to Gauri as if she had heard it before. 

"Yes, Jahnvi aunty I'm fine. I just...slipped, and couldn't balance because of my arm." said Annika.

"Okay, take care beta. Gauri this is Annika, my family's youngest bahu, or rather eldest among the present generation, Pinky's son's wife." said Jahnvi, smiling as she introduced Annika. 

Gauri nodded and greeted "Namaste." Annika replied in the same. At that moment some guests arrived and Dadi, Jahnvi and Pinky went to greet them. 

"Thanks for saving me from falling. My Chameli is such a traitor." scowled Annika

"Chameli?" asked Gauri, puzzled

"Chameli, arey, my chappal (slipper)." explained Annika. "With my arm in a sling, I lost balance. Thankfully, you were there, to save me." 

"Arey, who am I save anyone? Shankarji wanted me to be there for you, so I was here." said Gauri, cheerfully. 

"So, you think God has preplanned everything?" said Annika, a little cynically 

"Of course, he's always looking out for people." said Gauri, affirmatively 

"Well, I never got the feeling that he looks out for me. Maybe he has no time for me." said Annika, sadly

Gauri's smile dimmed, but then she said, "God has time for everyone. Maybe not on the same day, or not when they want, but surely God hasn't forgotten anyone. One just needs to take a leap of faith." Gauri said calmly. 

The two girls didn't realize that they were standing just in front of the idol, and with the goddess looking down at them with love. 

Before Annika could say something, Jahnvi came to take away Gauri for coordinating with the musicians who would play the instruments. 

After everyone settled down, Gauri stood at the center, with utmost devotion in her eyes. At that moment no one existed for her, but she and the object of her devotion. She looked into the eyes of the Goddess' idol, and started singing.