"How is Annika? I was out with Jahnvi and Prinku, so I have no idea." asked Tej.

"She is fine, Bade Papa. Her arm is still in a sling, but otherwise she is recovering well. Has Prinku settled at the camp?" asked Shivaay.

"Oh yes. The camp has an aura of calm all about it. Jahnvi and I did the security check and everything properly this time. Don't want any repetition of the college retreat." said Tej.

Shivaay nodded his head. Tej patted Shivaay on the shoulder and walked to his room. 

"Shivaay bhaiyaa, are you ready?" Rudy called out from below.

Shivaay looked over the staircase, Rudy was waiting for him. He and Rudy were going to visit Om at their Nani's. 

"Yes, I'm coming." replied Shivaay. He hurried downstairs. 

****************************************

Omkara was having a good time sipping tea with his brothers after long. Dadi and Jahnvi had clung to his shoulders when he was about to leave the next morning after the Sangeet night. But Omkara saw Pinky lurking in the background and shrugged them off, smiling that he was just on the other side of the city. Soumya was still in the Oberoi mansion, being fussed upon by the rest of the family, even though she assured them a hundred times that she had eaten enough for one life time to make up for that two-day long starvation, but to no avail. 

Om had called and had a long chat with Prinku before she left. Both of them had been through a tough ordeal, thanks to Ranveer but now Prinku was free. Om was free too, in a sense, he had one monkey off his back. But there were other ghosts to haunt him. 

"I can't believe Om, that so much happened in your life, and you didn't even let us know." said Shivaay, sounding extremely hurt

"Believe me Shivaay, you think I could live with the lie? But Prinku had promised me not to tell about the accident. She was worried about the reputation of our family, and me or both of us, going to prison." said Om.

"I'm not talking about the accident, though I'm certainly angry about that as well, to think that you went back to drugs, and we could have helped avoid that.....No, Om, I'm talking about what happened in the last month. You were tormented with the news of Prinku's marriage to that scoundrel, and helpless, because it seemed you couldn't do anything to prevent. Yet, you chose a stranger's help instead of coming to your brother?" said Shivaay, with a disappointed expression. 

"Chulbul is not a stranger, at least I don't feel so. But Shivaay how could I come with my problems yet again to you? Especially when you were dealing with Daksh at the same time? It all happened too suddenly. Prinku was refusing to tell me why she agreed to the marriage. I thought it was about the accident, and coincidentally I met Chulbul around the same time. We just...clicked. And the our journey started before I knew it." said Om, his words sounding strange even to himself.

"Umm, O, you sound like you're talking about your crush." said Rudy with a really serious expression on his face.

"And only you could come up with such a weird thought, idiot!" said Omkara, annoyed. 

"Lets be serious guys. Om, this...Chulbul, he not only helped you but our family also. He might be your friend, but we are indebted to him as well. I want to see him." said Shivaay authoritatively 

Om smiled slightly. "Thats fine Shivaay, but you see one can't force their company on others. Chulbul or anyone for that matter, is not a genie, who will appear magically just because you want to see him. In any case, Chulbul has been acting weird since we found out the truth about Ranveer. He tried hard to avoid me since that day, but I managed to track him and his buddies, and have them over for lunch. But its back to standby for him. His friend is ignoring my calls." 

"Why is his friend ignoring your calls?" asked Rudra confused. 

"Chulbul doesn't have a phone, or he doesn't want to give me his number, so I had to take his friend's, also housemate's, number to call him." explained Omkara

"Woah, I thought it was weird to hear you talking about 'instant connect' with a stranger. But its weirder to hear about a boy, refusing to give his number." said Rudy, sounding a little freaked out. "O, are you sure this Chlubul is not really a Bulbul?" 

"God Rudra! How do you come up with the most bizarre ideas?" exclaimed Omkara, with disgust. 

Rudy said something silently, smirking slightly.

"Well, whatever, tomorrow I am going to see this Chulbul, come what may. Nobody refused Shivaay Singh Oberoi." said Shivaay, with finality. 

Behind him Rudy sniggered slightly, while Om shook his head with a mixture of exasperation and amusement. Shivaay and his high-handedness. 

********************************************

Dadi assembled them all in the hall in the night. Shivaay and Rudy had just returned from Omkara's place. 

"There has been a lot of archane (difficulties) on this family recently. I thought our troubles ended when Tia and her mother were exposed. But things just spiraled into worse. I was thinking of having a jagraata (kind of prayer/song service for goddess Durga/her forms), to ward off the evils from our family. Shivaay, Anika, Prinku, no....too much has befallen our kids," said Dadi worried. 

"I think its a great idea, mummyji" said Pinky. Pinky had always been into all these devotional activities, so she was the first to agree to this idea.

"I agree Mummyji, and I know the perfect girl who can lead the jagraata." said Jahnvi smiling. 

Shakti, like his wife, was highly devoted to God. So, there was no objection from him. Tej alone looked skeptical among the elders, but he didn't oppose the idea. The youngsters agreed to whatever was decided by Dadi, out of respect. 

"Oh, but you people should know, that this Jagraata is only for females, so all the men will please either confine themselves upstairs or stay out of the mansion, till the evening tomorrow." said Dadi.

"Its no problem, Dadi, anyways, Bade Papa, Papa and I have to go to office. We've been neglecting all work because of that infernal marriage con. We need to get back to all the piled up work." said Shivaay.

"And I will need to finish my college work. So, I'll stay upstairs with Soumya, she'll need to help me." said Rudy.

"I will do no such thing. You can finish your work on your own, Rudy. I have been confined to the room, recuperating from the abduction for too long. I want to go outside now, and besides I have never attended a jagraata, so I will be downstairs with the rest of the ladies." said Soumya, making a face. 

"Khotte de puttar!" said Dadi to Rudy "Of course, Soumya will be with us, she needs blessings of Maatarani after that ordeal. Both my grand-daughters Annika and Soumya need it." she said smiling at Annika and Soumya, who nodded their heads in acknowledgement. 

Rudra was looking dumbfounded. "Well, if thats the case, I am going to meet Chubby. Unless....are their any pretty girls of my age attending the Jagraata too?" asked Rudra excitedly. 

The entire family laughed, and Dadi slapped Rudra playfully on the shoulder. "Chup Kar. Jab dekho ladkiyon ki baare mein sochta rehta hain." (Keep quiet. Always thinking about girls). 

Addressing the family, Dadi said, "So, its decided then, tomorrow, we'll have a jagraata at the mansion. I'll invite the rest of my friends, Jahnvi, Pinky, Annika, you also invite your friends, if you want." 

The three of them nodded. "Oh, and Jahnvi, tell that girl to come early." said Dadi. 

"Sure Mummyji, I'll make sure, she's here on time." Jahnvi smiled. 

The family bade each other good night, and went off to their rooms.