Chapter Forty Five: Her Smile

A/N: Before you read this chapter I need to remind you that self harm is a serious topic and that I don't take it lightly at all. 

Niall's POV

Ellie is genuinely happy now, it's been a while since I saw her smile like this and it makes me happy, losing her father who she didn't even know was tough and with Mads disappearing and coming back a mess it was extremely hard on Ellie. Not to mention the hate that she has been getting, I keep telling her that they are just jealous and half the time she believes me. It's been about 1 year and about 6 months since the funeral and I'm so proud of how well Ellie is going now. I didn't expect her to recover so quickly from her several months of depression but she has and I love seeing her smile. Mads of course has left again but not because of the abuse, she's doing really well in her career doing youth work and plenty of charity. I guess the abuse helped her realise what she wanted to do and she has really pursued that. (A/N: I realise that I never mentioned that Mads was abused but just deal with it.)

Now that Ellie has recovered she can start back working for Little Mix, sometimes she does jobs for us but mostly she is with Little Mix. A while back Perrie pushed to work with her and just as Ellie was coming out of her state Perrie brought it up again and Ellie said yes in an instant. She's probably their main co-writer when it comes to their music, she is also directing one of their new music videos which might I say myself is coming on really well.

Tonight we are attending a movie premier and it'll be the first public appearance since Ellie came out of the hospital after suicidal thoughts were getting the better of her. I'm really proud of her for deciding herself to come tonight and make an appearance and assure everyone there that she is mended now. I truly believe that she is fine and that everything will be okay. I don't blame her for everything that she has gone through, it's tough being in the spotlight and it definitely takes an effect on someones life.

I fixed my tie as I looked in the mirror, I could hear shouting from the other rooms obviously signalling that it was time to go but yet again Harry was being slow. He's not excited for the movie premier, I think things are getting to him now, he hasn't been the same since about a year ago. He just doesn't get as excited as he used to.

"ELLIE DARLING!" A sweet voice echoed through the silent halls, it was an unfamiliar voice and I was unsure of who it was, I didn't mean to pry but I stuck my head out the door to see Ellie wrapped in a blondes arms. As they pulled away I recognised the girl to be Claudia, the lovely nurse whom helped Ellie two year back when she started feeling things again. I smiled as I watched them talk, they just get on really well and it's great for Ellie.

Slowly but surely we made our way down the red carpet, constantly stopping to take photo's and answer plenty of questions. The boys and I were getting loads of attention but I couldn't help but notice that Ellie was too, so many people were asking her questions and I was happy to hear that they were based on her career and her relationship with me. Without my help at all she is slowly making it big in the music industry, maybe being romantically connected to me has made the progress faster but she has gotten where she is by herself. The sense of pride flushed over me as I just stood there watching her as she tilted her head back as she laughed. I felt someone tap on my shoulder and I turned around to see who it was. At first I didn't recognise her but then as she pulled her hair back slightly it all clicked. Hayley, the girl that worked for the magazine. She beamed at me and held up her camera gesturing to the lens. I smiled and looked into the camera as she snapped one single picture.

"Hi Hayley!" I said as I gave her a small hug, she seemed taken aback by this but smiled at me anyway.

"You remember me?" She said, her voice quiet yet audible over the loud noise.