Chapter Thirty One: Open Arms

The alarm rung throughout the house, earning several shouts from Zayn and Harry as they groaned in the early hours. Niall chuckled as he stretched and let out a yawn. I remained still, in hope of staying in bed for a little longer but that hope was flushed away as Niall softly shook me.

“Mmmmhmmm…” I murmured, trying to indicate that I still wanted to sleep.

“Good morning Ellie.” Niall sung into my ear whilst rubbing circles on my back. I was still in his jumper, I couldn’t be bothered getting out of it last night and it was cold so I guess it was for the best.

“Not sure if it’s good…” I somehow got those words out through the covers that were pressed against my mouth.

“It will be because I, Niall Horan gets to spend the day with the girl I love. Have I mentioned that I love you?” Niall spoke softly but his voice was croaky from sleep.

“Yes, and have I said that I love you too?” I turn over to see Niall perched up on his elbows and looking over at me. I smiled as Niall leant down and gave me a sloppy kiss that reeked.

“New rule! No kissing until we brush our teeth or put some mints in!” I say, pulling back in disgust. Niall laughs as he flops back down.

“Everybody up! There was an alarm for a reason! We need to be gone in an hours’ time so quick!” Liam shouted, banging on everyone’s doors, it kind of felt like camp, back when I was in Primary School.

“You heard what Liam said! Let’s get this party going!” Louis added jumping around probably full of energy. But how so early?

“I guess that’s our cue to get up.” Niall says, giving me a soft kiss to my temple. He jumps out of bed and heads into the bathroom. I’m glad that Niall has a room with an ensuite, all 5 of the boys have one but the remaining rooms don’t. I watch as Niall leaves the door slightly ajar, being cheeky of course. I stay in bed and just go on my phone. I notice the time and my heart nearly stops, it’s 7:30! I have no idea when we are supposed to be at the studio, I usually start at 10 so I’m confused as to why we have to be up so early.

“Niall! Why are we up so early, don’t we start at like 10?” I call out in hope of getting a reply from Niall. There is no reply from Niall however Louis pushes the door open and smirks at me.

“We always go out for breakfast before-hand and walk around meeting fans, then security sweep up and save us and then we go to the studio. At least that’s what happens when we have our first recording session.” Louis said with a smile plastered on his face.

“Two things. 1, how are you so awake and 2, won’t you get followed to the studio?” I asked, sleep still evident in my voice.

“Not sure, I’m just not sleepy and no we shouldn’t, security are good at losing fans.” Louis gives me a small smile before waving goodbye and leaving me to get ready. I wait in silence for Niall to finish in the shower so I can take one, but it seems like Niall enjoys long showers. Finally when he comes out he only has a towel around his waist and boy oh boy it’s a wonderful sight. No I didn’t just think that.

“You’re still sitting here?” Niall said whilst sorting through his drawers which were just organised.

“Well, yeah.” I concluded, unsure of what more I could say. “You do take forever in there don’t you?”

“I like my showers, they are very relaxing.”

“Niall…”  I say with a smirk on my lips. He slowly turns around and his expression is like a deer’s when they turn and see a headlight shining in their eyes.