20 years later

Yes I'm 35 now and man things didn't work out. Starting with private school ya I got kicked out after doing 2 cherry bombs, tee-peeing the school and putting a tac on the teachers chair then punching a kid after a bit. I don't know why but they kicked me out but it's ok I was already gonna be pulled out. I stayed for 6 months then Baby got Darry to put me back into public school with Chris Vern Gordie Teddy Ponyboy and Johnny. And guess what two bit actually graduated?! Who knew right?! But Sure going back to public school was hell but I liked having friends. I mean don't get me wrong private school wasn't to bad a lot of them were polite and I did have friends but I just didn't feel comfortable or myself there especially with wearing uniforms. Ponyboy and Teddy had every class with me every year. Can you imagine how annoying that was?! Chris and I had a lot of classes together though through out the years. Oh and Alison ya she went back to being goth but found her own group in high school and didn't talk to me much after. She broke up with Vern in the beginning of freshmen year but he got over it..... A year and a half later. Gordie though he always stuck around us. I don't know why. He was so smart and chill and could've had anyone to hang out with but he still chose to hang around us. Chris and I though we're the high school sweet heart almost jock couple. Now I know most greasers don't do sports they only worked on cars but who cares I mean Darry used to be a football player. Chris made football and was qaurter back by junior year. I was at every game along with the gang. Two bit met a girl too. Her name was Katelyn. She was one of the coolest girls in town. She moved from new York to start over and she met Two bit at the drive in while he was drunk. She helped him get home while the whole time he kept saying he was sobber. She left him her number for when he woke up the next morning and ever since then they were dating while I was in Jr year. Baby and Darry, ya they got married her wedding dress was gorgeous and the best part was her parents payed for everything! That's right FREE FOOD! Baby's wedding dress was a ankle long dress that had a white belt and a diamond frame in the middle of the belt with lace sleeves. I was of course a brides mate along with her sister and her friend penny another girl they met in Virginia at the lodging place. She was real sweet. She was made of honor. We had cake. Lots and lots of cake. Everyone dressed up beautiful. Chris danced with me and just had fun with all the guys. Vern also met his high school sweet heart at the beginning of senior year. He had 3 kids and a really sweet wife. Gordie married a girl we met in college named Jennie. Real smart real tomboy so I always liked her. They had 2 girls. Harrison and Jennifer. We all cracked jokes on how Gordie scored a girl so high. Through out high school Chris was getting better and better in school. He was so smart yet he would say the stupidest cheesiest things to me like couples normally say. Chris got into AP classes and figured out what he wanted to be and that was a lawyer. I told him to start off in debate clubs and he enjoy it even though it was definitely gonna be different. However Chris really didn't have the money to go to college so Gordie and I called up a few college football scouts and they all came out and saw how amazing Chris was and how great he did in school as well. Gordie and Chris went to college together but I wasn't able to do any of that. Mainly because I was a girl or because we couldn't afford it. They also didn't have a girl softball league by the time I was the age able to try out they already shut down the All American Girls Baseball League. I played a few of the city leagues which was still fun and all the boys would go to my games including Ferris frickin Bueller. Oh and that wise ass. Ya he did not only wreck his friend Camrons car that was a Ferrari but also his Corvette. He later on married a party girl that was still polite but was always ready to party. They had 3 boys and a girl and man did I know her pain. He ended up going to a community college and has always stayed like a big kid. We went to high school together and he always pulled off the best pranks. Ponyboy went off to school in Harvard Baby's parents payed for it which we all really appreciated but me I wanted to still try different things so they never really put me in a college especially since they were always paying for Ponyboy stuff. Ponyboy became a doctor though and met a young girl that almost died but he saved her life and that's how he met his wife Juliet. They had 2 kids a boy then a girl. They named them Jem and Scout from there favorite book 'To kill a mockingbird'. Then Johnny Cade. Well Johnny Cade met his girl Lauren at the county Fair. She couldn't go on a ride because she was a single rider so Dally volunteered Johnny to go on with her because he was too shy to say anything. They hung out that night together and 2 years later got married another 2 years later had twins. 1 boy and 1 girl. They were 10 minutes apart and really were identical. They looked so much a like. Jesse was the older one and boy he reminded me a lot of his dad! Then Lorelei was a shy girl but once you got to know her she was really fun! She was litterally a drunk version of Johnny if you could imagine that. Steve went on to marry Baby's sister and they had 2 boys Steve jr and Patrick. Steve was older and Pat was younger by 2 years. Steve always says that even though he can't remember it well those were still the best 2 years of his life.
Sodapop married a girl name Avery that was really outgoing and a hard worker. They had 2 girls and a boy. Skylight and Lucy were 3 years apart and Sodapop Jr. Was 4 years apart from skylight. Sodapop and Steve wanted to name one of the poor girls Lizard so they could call her Liz and when people ask is that short for Elizabeth she can say no it's short for Lizard. That's when all the wives decided that those 2 we're not allowed to touch a birth certificate. Teddy however didn't do so well in the world though. Chris tried to help him but we all just had to let him go. They didn't allow him in the army because of his vision and hearing so after he finally lost it and ended up in the cooler. Same with Dall fooled around with too many girls and ended up in the cooler. No he was never allowed to babysit. Oh and now we can't even have couples night out because Everytime we try to find a babysitter to watch all 20 of our kids the poor baby sitter finds lizards or garden snakes in their purses. Chris and I were always together though. Even though we didn't go to college I always visited him almost everyday. For our first date he suprised me with getting his license and taking me to the County fair and Gordie went as well.

 For our first date he suprised me with getting his license and taking me to the County fair and Gordie went as well

We had so much fun. We got to pet the zoo animals we went on every ride and he won me a few prizes at some of the football and water games but I always won him a prize at a baseball throwing game. About after 4 years of him going to college and him starting up as a lawyer he proposed to me. Not in a usual way though in a way I wanted to be proposed. He took the whole gang and I to an animal shelter. I don't know why if it was just me and him wanted to adopt a dog. Chris told me he wanted me to look at this dog and said it was my dream dog. It was the cutest pitbull that had a ring around it's caller with a tag that said will you marry me? I started crying as the dog gave me kisses. I'm pretty sure i started crying over how cute the dog was but it was still a cute moment. I nodded yes and Chris kissed me and hugged me. The dog that we later named River snuggled in between us and was the cutest thing!

Chris and I had a fun rock and roll wedding but for our first dance together our song that we danced to for the first time as a married couple was the song Stand By Me

Chris and I had a fun rock and roll wedding but for our first dance together our song that we danced to for the first time as a married couple was the song Stand By Me. It was one of my favorites and still is. Chris and I had 3 boys. Dean and Dallas are 2 years apart and Daniel is 3 years apart from Dallas. There just as messed up as Ferris and I were. Pulling pranks wrestling and throwing each other around. They put a snake in the babysitters purse. Once the kids came around Chris knew that he didn't want to be like his dad so even though he had a busy job during the week he would be home by 4 to have time to throw the ball around for the boys. He was always great with them and if Chris wasn't home till late they always played with River. They were good kids though. Very happy go lucky but we're tough as hell. Dallas and Dean played football and hockey, Daniel played hockey and baseball. We still live in Tulsa and always have big family get together. A lot of the time we meet up at the lot and have a huge family football game. NO MERCY! Not on kids not on mom's or wives just a regular tackle football game. My whole life I've had someone to stand by me and to stay Gold with. I hope you guys enjoyed. Always have someone to stand by and always remember to stay gold! 💛💛