Getting ready

This was before the dance. Chris on top Gordie on the left Vern in the right and next to me was Teddy without his glasses.

"is all this really necessary?" I asked nervous.
"Trust me it will be fine. Ik it looks like a lot but we just need to use the right colors for u" she smiled excited.
"And guys I kinda saw this coming so u guys can mess around with the make up but put it back where u found it" Baby said picking up a brush. They would grab the lipsticks and start face painting each other. 15 minutes later Steve yells at Two bit "ha u look like ur face was lit on fire and someone tried to put it out with a hammer" Everyone just laughed as I rolled my eyes. I sat there for about an hour and a half with Baby doing my make up. She finally finished with putting lip gloss on me.
"Put this on every 45 minutes to an hour" Baby said handing it to me.
"Uh thank God I'm done" I said walking away.
"Uh what makes you think ur done" Baby smiled crossing her arms.
"Oh no"
"Ohh yess"
"Baby y don't u give her a break and let her eat" my grandma said cheerfully coming in smiling giving me a big hug.
"Alright I'll give u 30 minutes" she said picking Everything up.
I walked in to the now messy kitchen of my grandma's house. I grabbed my grandma's delicious home made chicken noodle soup which for some reason better then any other soup. It like she would always add more flavor. All the boys sat down with me talking up a storm.
"Hey I'm pretty fast at math" Soda yelled at Darry.
"Ok what's 83x5?" Pony asked.
"52" Soda said cooly.
"Soda that's not even close Two bit would even know that's wrong" Dally said pointing at Two bit.
"But it was fast" Soda smiled. The guys agreed.
"Y'all r stupid" I mumbled however they heard me.
"Hey look who's talkin the new half blonde headed monkey" Two bit laughed.
"U really want to go there Two bit. I'm telling you I will get Mickey cancelled." I started.
"Do u know how to be nice?" Dally asked.
"Well look who's talkin Dall. Hey what's something nice u know?" I said sitting back smiling.
"Ok um I know um oh not to stab people" he pointed smiling. Me Darry and Soda just stared at him.
"Alright setting the bar low but I'll take it" I shrugged.
"U guys ready for next year in high school?" Steve asked Pony and Johnny while stuffing brownies and cookies in his face. They just nodded.
"Well what about you kid u ready for high school next year?" Steve asked.
"Ya I guess just a little nervous I guess but excited"
"Man I bet u won't last 5 minutes" Pony said getting a coke.
"Hey I may not be book smart but I'm street smart" I pointed.
"True but Pony what r u gonna do if the cops ask u where u live" dally smiled taking a swig of beer.
"I'll say with my brothers and sister" he replied no problem.
"Oh ya where do you guys live"
"In a house"
"Well where's the house?"
"If I told u u wouldn't believe me"
"Well tell me"
"Next to my neighbors" Pony smiled.

"Well he's got a plan I'll give him that" Johnny said getting up.
"Hey Soda what do u think is ur biggest fear?" Johnny asked randomly.
"Probably becoming a dounut-" he replied
"Bc then he would eat himself" Steve finished.
"No doubt about that" Soda smiled wildly.
"You no this idioticy is not going to be tolerated in grandma's house while I'm here right" Darry stared at Soda.
"Is there another type of idioticy you would be more comfortable tolerating?" Soda asked as him and Steve sat up folding there hands together.
"Good grief" Darry said getting up. I think he's gonna go talk to Baby. We kept joking around for maybe 10 minutes later till Baby called me back in but the Make up was gone and now frickin hair products were everywhere. I looked at the table in shock but just then the door bell rang. My grandma came to open the door and wasn't expecting anyone else but when she saw the rest of the boys she was so happy. She hadn't seen them in almost over a year. She loved them like family as well. My grandma was very go lucky and had loved almost everyone. She always would spoil us and would take us all places. And I mean all 12 of us. She took us to go ice skating was at every football game Darry and Two bit would have every Softball game I had every track meet pony had every writing contest Gordie had and every car contest Steve and Soda had. She's been there for all of us. She also would have us over for the best holiday events she would give us firework make me an extra cake for my birthday bc she knows about Steves cake addiction problem but most importantly she loved us all. The only reason she didn't become my legal guardian was bc she wanted me to make memories with my brothers and for us to always stick together. She also never wanted me to get nervous or worry about her any time she had pain. Anyways the boys came in and all hung out together. "Hey how do I look?" Vern smiled.
"Beautiful" Teddy looked at him.
"Hey but guys aren't supposed to look beautiful"
"U look damn beautiful Vern" Gordie smiled.
"That's better" Vern smiled Walking to the table.
"Dude I'm so frickin mad!" Teddy said tugging at his clothes.
"At who? The guy who sold you that outfit" I smiled.
"No at the size they came in!"
"Here Teddy come with me I still have some of Darry and Soda old dress up shirts" mom smiled kindly taking him to my room that had some of the boys stuff in my closet.
we may have a big age different between Everyone but we all got along well. Gordie went with Ponyboy and Johnny and all they did was talk about some good books Chris hung out with two bit Sodapop and Dally then Teddy hung out with Steve talking about some army stuff and Vern just stuck with Darry. They were always funny together. Darry was like a mentor for Vern. Baby took me to the bedroom and had me change into a dress. Since my hair was naturally a little wavy it was a little difficult to curl my hair how baby wanted but after about an hour my hair was done. It was now about 6:30 and that's when I heard the door bell ring. Two bit answered the door this time as everyone ate.
"Hi is Savannah here?" I heard.
"Um yeah but idk if it's the same Savannah she doesn't really have friends" Two smiled.
"Very funny Two bit hi Allison sorry about him"
" that's ok srry I'm early is that ur brother?" She asked curious.
"No here let me introduce you to everyone" I said leading her to the kitchen.
"This is my grandma my brother Darry my brother Sodapop my other brother horse boy his friend Johnny Sodapops best friend Steve and Two bit he kinda just doesn't go away" I teased as he rolled his eyes.
"Then these r my buddies Chris Gordie Teddy and Vern" right when I said Vern they both looked at each other and blushed.
"The names actually Ponyboy" he said glaring at me giving me a look saying I'm gonna get you back.