Chapter 47: Accidents and the ER

-Roberts POV-

"Do you Robert, take Alyssa to be your lawful wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward?" asks the pastor.

"I... I, um..." I pause, beads of sweat seemingly pouring down my face.

"I.. I'm sorry. I love you Alyssa, I really do but I can't do this."

Right then I spring up in Jude's guest bed in a cold sweat and hot tears rolling down my face. This is the third time I've woken up from that same dream ever since I went to sleep last night. I'm guessing it's because of the rehearsal we had last night. Our original plan was to have the wedding in Arkansas but taking into consideration the temperature drop and the fact that the babies are only two months old, we decided it was best to just go with plan B as long as it wasn't to late to change but we had plenty of time.

Last night Alyssa and I had bachelor and bachelorette parties after rehearsal. Me, Jude, Indio, Jeff, Chris Hemsworth, and Jamie Fox all went out to eat and we had a few drinks but none of us got drunk. After that I went out and bought Alyssa a Divergent sweatshirt for our gift exchange of sorts today. Then we went back to the room and talked and watched some tv. Normally a bachelor party would consist of strippers but I would prefer to stay loyal and I wouldn't want to tempt myself. Not to say I would do something but if I was to get drunk around the stripper I don't know if I would be able to think straight.

Alyssa, Carson, McKenzie, Gwyneth, and my sister Allyson went out for dinner and and did some other stuff that McKenzie wouldn't tell me about. Then they went back to the house and that's where they stayed.

My mom had the twins while they were out and she will have the twins today but she will be coming between the house and Jude's house so Alyssa and I can see the twins without breaking the rule we set of not seeing each other until she walks down the isle today.

I turn and look at the clock and reads six fifteen am. All I can do is smile. I will be married to the most beautiful lady in less than nine hours.

I grab my phone and text her. The text reads: Good Morning baby! I'm so ready to see your beautiful face as you walk down the isle. I still don't know how I got this lucky. Have fun with the girls today and I'll see you this afternoon!

About thirty minutes later I get a text back saying they're on their way to Starbucks and then off to the nail salon. She also said that she was the one that got lucky by having me but I promise you that's not true. Let's be honest, without her I would still be a crappy teacher who didn't give a shit and didn't make enough to support a family. She's the reason that I got back into acting. I wanted to be able to earn enough to support the family that we have now begun because I knew from the day we met that she was the one for me.

It's about six fifty now and I'm on my way down stairs.

"You'll never guess who I saw at Starbucks this morning." says Jude as he hands me my coffee and my food.

"Alyssa and the girls?"

"Damn it. How did you know?"

"Even though I can't see Alyssa until later doesn't mean I can't talk to her until then."

"Yes it does. Give me your phone." He reaches out his hand.

"No!"

"Give it to me."

"Nope!" I say, popping the 'P'

"Give it to me Robert."

"No Judsie! you can't have my phone!" I say and I run away from him. I'm doing pretty good until my side hits the corner of the counter and I fall to the ground.