Chapter 42: Full House

-Roberts POV-
Today is the day! So much is happening already and it's only eight fifteen. Around six I woke up to Alyssa screaming at the top of her lungs. I jump out of bed, grabbing the hospital bag incase we need it, just to find out that she was screaming about a tiny little spider crawling on the floor. I kill the spider, peck her on the lips, and slowly walk back to bed.
At seven o'eight I wake up to the sound of the smoke detector and the smell of burnt pancakes. I sit up groggily and chuckle to myself. Smells and sounds like Indio decided to make breakfast. He sure is my son.
I walk down stairs and help him clean, trying not to wake up Alyssa, who fell asleep on the recliner in the living room. She decided that for now, that is the most comfortable position to be in with as large of stomach as she has at this point.
I find my spot in the living room and sit down. My eyes slowly droop closed and as the seconds pass I jerk away to the sound of the door bell.
What the fuck?! I told them to knock!
At least there finally here.
I look over at Alyssa who slightly shifts I'm her sleep. I smile and walk to the door. I open it to see McKenzie, Scott, Carson, Johnny, Chris, Elsa, Jude, her mom, and Gwen all at my door carrying different part favors and things. I direct them to the backyard so they can setup for the surprise baby shower I decided to throw for her.
"Remember what happened last time you threw a surprise party for her?" asks Scott.
"All I can say is, I'm in the backyard so if she freaks out I can leave you all put here and I can go inside." We both laugh.
"Sow how are things between the two of you?" he asks.
"Well, what can I say. She's in pain right now. She's really uncomfortable at the moment and not to speak of the fact that we haven't had sex for the last who knows how many months. She's also stressing over the wedding. It is only two months after the baby's due date. None the less, were doing pretty great. I have a sexy, sarcastic, loving woman to call mine and always will and that makes it all worth it."
"Wow, no sex for months? I say splurge tonight. We can leave early just like we planned to so you can fix dinner and then after you clean up, slowly walk out of the kitchen and steal 'peppers' lines. Say "honey, I'm going to take a shower." The. Wait a minute and say, "and you're coming with me." it will be perfect."
"Well I guess it would be a nice encourager for her and the babies. Also, we need a stress reliever. That's a good idea Scott."
He smiles and pats my back.
Suddenly, arms wrap around me and I feel a bulge in the stomach area touching my back.
No! it couldn't be her! I told Indio to make sure she didn't come out!
Just as I'm about to turn I hear Jude say, "Robbie bear, you did this all for me?" in a high pitched voice. I turn to see him with a beach volleyball in his hand, placed where Alyssa's stomach is grown. I slap his shoulder and frown.
"Please, don't ever do that to me again." I say, and walk away.
---
It's now time for me to go inside the house and get Alyssa. All of the family has arrived and half of them have their swimming suits on and are in the pool. My father and my uncles are hanging out at the grill and all of the little kids are at the sprinkler. All of the Laddies are on the deck where the girly, pointlessly emotional side of things will take place, also known as the actual Baby Shower. I walk inside in swimming trunks to find a very suspicious looking Alyssa sitting in the recliner that is surrounded by the baby gate.
"Did she give you any trouble?" I ask, giggling.
"Yes, plenty. So I called one of my buddies to disassemble this gate and place it around her. Since she isn't able to figure out how to open the latch, she has been stuck for the past three hours. I'm glad I thought of this because I was about to have to sit on her." At that point I'm dying laughing.
"Haha, laugh it up boys. I knew it was coming because of how many times Indio had to explain why he needed him over to his friend. He finally settled with, "my stepmom is being difficult and I need you over here. It's a long story.""
"Correction, I said my MOM. I don't like the term 'step' mom. It's makes no since. It's not like you have a step on you so.." she sighs and points to her stomach.
"Then what do you call this?" she asks.
I answer, "Our children, now let's go!" I say and drag her from the chair, through the baby gate, and out the door.
When she sees everything outside she just stares.
"You're really not good at surprises." She says. I scoff.
"A simple thank you would be nice." I sigh.
She smiles and her eyes light up. While leaning in to kiss me she whispers "thank you, I love it. Now go enjoy the pool." Then she kisses me.
The day seems to fly by and next thing I know I am headed inside with a load of presents and a bag of trash. I put down the gifts and have Indio run the trash to the curb. I lead Alyssa into the house next and have her sit in her caged in seat.
"No! You can't make me!" she yells. I inch closer and she runs. I chase after her and she stops ubruptly, clutching her stomach.
"I guess you can make me" she says.
"Contractions?" she nods.
I sneak into the kitchen after I get her in the seat.
I decide to make Chicken Carbonara and bread sticks. For desert I made Carmel Iced Coffee and I'm saving the rest of desert for later, if you know what I mean.
About halfway through the surprisingly successful attempt of making food I hear fiddling around with the gate in the living room. I chuckle and continue in with the cooking.
"Honey, are you okay in there?" I yell while stifling my laugh.
"Shut the fuck up Robert! This isn't funny! I will open this gate someday!"
"I'm sure you will baby!" I yell back.
A few minutes later the noise in the living room stops and I assume that she gave up. I never hear footsteps or hear any noise, but just like earlier today, a pair of arms grip my waist and what feels like Alyssa's stomach presses against my back.
"I swear on every living thing that if that's Jude again I will personally chop his balls off!" I say. I hear a woman giggle and I feel a slight bit of pressure added to my back. It was one of the baby's kicking me. This ensured that it's Alyssa.
"Aw man! Not how am I supposed to keep you contained for the next month?" I ask, jokingly.
"Just because I figured out how to open the lock on a gate doesn't mean I won't stay contained. I have a few other ways in mind." She winks.
Man I really need to finish with this supper so we can get to dessert!

---

***
After dinner I clean up all of the dishes and leave Alyssa to drink her iced coffee. I quickly strip down to nothing but my extremely fitted boxers that she bought for me. I walk into the dining area in the kitchen and her eyes drift directly to the large bulge showing in my underwear and I smile.
"Baby, I'm going to take a shower." Her smile sinks slightly.
"And you're coming with me." She perks up.
We walk up the stairs and to the bathroom. The doors close and magic happens. Let's just say we didn't really shower much.

__________________________________ sorry. Smutt wasn't easy so I skipped it in this chapter