Chapter 44: Babies Come Home

"I love you both so, so much. You two and only you two. You're daddy's world now" I hear Robert whisper to the baby's he is holding.

"Oh that's nice." I mumble.

"What do you mean 'that's nice'?" he asks.

"Nothing."

"Alyssa, I know that it's not nothing. Please tell me what's going on."

"No, it's stupid. I'm sorr-"

"Tell me." he interrupts. I take a deep breath, ready to embarrass myself in a hospital bed in front of my fiancé and children.

"It's just that before yesterday, I was your baby. I was your world. Now you're saying that you love the twins, and only the twins. I just feel like I'm loosing you." With the last word a tear slips down my cheek.

"Baby, no. How could you ever even let that thought pass through you mind? I meant that as, I couldn't love you in the way I love the twins. I've loved you since the moment I laid eyes on you, and looking back on that day that's pretty obvious. It's not every day that you get to make out with a student in your classroom and then four years later, still be with that girl with a love stronger than ever. Not to mention two kids and a marriage in our near future." We both laugh.

"Honey, if anything, I love you more than I love the twins. This is going to sound bad but if I lost everything in this world except one thing, I would need that one thing to be you."

A tear slips down my cheek and I quickly wipe it away.

Today is November twentieth. One after the twins birth, seven days before thanks giving, fourteen days until my birthday, twenty one days until Jimmy Kimmel's show, thirty five days until Christmas, and exactly two months until our wedding.

That's a lot of events in the next two months.

Robert hands me Tobias and he cradles Aubrey in his arms.

"You know, you can't keep her from me forever. She has to eat at some point and unless it have a set of milk filled boobs, that would be my job." His makes a discussed face.

"That's disturbing."

"Oh well" I chuckle.

A few hours (and thousands of release papers) later the babies are being put in their car seats and were preparing to go home. I dress Aubrey in a floral print onesie and some jeggings with little baby converse socks and a cute little hat with a bow.

I dress Tobias in a black sabbath onesie that resembles Robert's t-shirt, and some jeans along with some baby vans and a baby beanie. Robert chose Tobias' outfit and in my opinion, it's adorable. I quickly take a shower and get myself ready because were on our way home to a house full of people for a "welcome home party".

That's one thing I will have to get used to with Roberts family and our friends. Everything special somehow requires a party.

Once I'm ready Robert is sitting on the bed with the two car seats dressed in jeans, his coat, a beani, vans, and a pair of ray bans. He laughs because were wearing the same exact thing. Everything is the same color two.

We quickly put the babies coats on them and wrap them in their blankets while buckling them in their seats.

I sit in the wheelchair with Aubrey and her car seat in my lap and Robert carries Tobias in the other car seat while the nurse wheels me out.

As soon as we get outside the paparazzi swarm us and there's camera lights flashing in all of our eyes. We quickly hop in the SUV. Robert in the passenger seat and me and the twins in the back. As soon as were all secure in the car Jude speeds off trying to lose the paparazzi.

The babies are both awake now and Aubrey is screaming and crying her little heart out. I can't seem to calm her down but when Robert reaches his arm back and takes her little, chubby hand the crying stops almost instantly.

I smile and say, "you're such a great father." he smiles too.

"And you're the most amazing mother." That word. It hits me like a rock. I'm a mom now.

We arrive at the house and there are somewhere around twenty cars parked on the streets and I already know our house is packed.

We walk in with the babies and everyone cheers. We quickly quiet them so Tobias and Aubrey don't start screaming again.

About twenty minutes later, the majority of the crowd decided to leave to go to dinner. We decide to stay back because we don't want our newborn babies to be exposed to the flu season diseases. Elsie, Robert sr., Allison, Caroline, and Indio stay back with us to visit.

"Can I hold Aubrey please?" Caroline asks with her soft little voice.

"Yes you can. You know there your cousins now, and Alyssa is going to be your new aunt." Says Robert while handing her off to the small six year old.

" I know uncle Robbie. That's my Lyssa." He chuckles.

"No, no,no. It's my Lyssa."

"No! Mine!"

"Shh. Aubrey's sleeping. But for the record it's aunt Lyssa to you little missy." I say, bending down off of the couch to tickle her.

A few minutes later we all decide to watch a movie. They throw in Iron Man two and about ten minutes in, Aubrey and Tobias start to cry.

"I got Aubrey if you have Tobias." I say to Robert.

"Check his diaper, if it's no that bring him to me. They might be hungry."

"Got it boss." He says with a smirk. I slap him lightly and we both walk up the the nursery. I check Aubrey's diaper and it's dirty. From the sounds Roberts making I think Tobias' diaper was dirty too. When he finishes changing Tobias he lays him in the cradle and turns it on so it sways. I decided to change Aubrey into another onesie and wrap her in a blanket. While I'm in the process, Robert comes up behind me and slaps my butt.

"Robert."

"Yes honey?" he smirks.

"Ugg. You're so difficult." I say.

"And sexy." He ands.

"True." I laugh. "Isn't daddy silly?" I ask Aubrey and she smiles really wide and waves her arms around.

"Can you say dada?" asks Robert.

"Robert, she's two days old." I laugh.

"And? it's never to early to learn.

I sigh and turn my face to give him a kiss. My lips ever so slightly caress his lips before Tobias begins to cry. I try and and pull away but Robert grabs my head and pushes to deepen the kiss. After a few minutes of intimate kissing, I manage to reluctantly pull away and check on Tobias. I grab the pacifier marked with a t for Tobias and slip it in his mouth. That should calm him for a little while.

I pick up Aubrey and give her the pacifier marked with an A and Robert and I walk black down stairs with our children in hand.

We arrive at the couch and sit down after placing the babies in the grey and teal play pin. Thank fully Robert took the baby gates down from around my chair and placed them back in the closet and now the chair is open.

Robert and lay on the couch and within a mater of minutes I am fast asleep in the arms of the man of my dreams.

__________________________________

Hmm. I'm not sure about this chapter. I kinda hate it. :( What do you think?