Chapter 23: Pack your bags

-Roberts POV-

With the door bell wringing and my surprise and anger for who is at the door I didn't realize that Jude has woken up and come down stairs until I feel his hand on my shoulder.
"Deborah." says Jude, disgusted.
"Why are you here?" I ask Impatiently. She doesn't answer she just pushes her way through me and Jude and plops down on the couch. I can tell by her scent and the way shes walking that she has been drinking. I sit down next to her and try to get her to talk but she says little and what she does say makes absolutely no sense. She gets up and before I can get my words out she plops on top of me and starts trying to kiss me. I try as hard as I can to push her off but I cant. Jude automatically comes over and tries to pull her off of me but hes not getting very far with it either. That's when I hear the door slam.

-Alyssa's POV-

As I pull up to the house I see the door standing wide open and an old beat up Ford parked outside his house. When I walk in I see some drunk skank trying to get some with MY boyfriend! Robert is trying to push her off of him and Jude is trying to pry her off of him too. Both of them getting nowhere. I can feel the anger bubbling up inside of me. I slam the door shut and walk up to where Robert is. Jude moves aside as soon as he realizes what im about to do. I get up to where they're sitting, pull my hand back, and slap the lady in the face. She gets up off of the floor and she tries to punch me back but I block it and knee her in the stomach. She punches me in the side and Robert springs to action. He gets up and punches her square in the face.
"Don't you EVER touch her! Get out of my house!"
After shes out of the house Robert runs over to me.
"Baby, are you okay? Don't be mad I did not mean for that whole thing to happen. She just hopped on me and I couldn't get her off and-"
"Robert." I whisper, "I need my inhaler. Its in my hoodie."
Before Robert can get up Jude beats him to it. He brings it to me and after a while I get my breathing under control and we sit in silence. That is until Robert speaks up.
"I'm sorry you had to see that happen." He whispers and kisses me on the forehead.
"It's okay baby. I know you meant nothing by it. When I came in I saw her on you but I also saw you and Jude trying to get her off of you. Anger bubbled up in me but it wasn't for you. It was all for her. But just one question, who was that?"
"Well... That was my ex-wife. Indio's mother, and I have no idea why she was here. I asked her but then .. THAT happened" he said swinging his hands around.
"Oh." Is all I can manage. I can feel the anger bubble up again but Robert envelopes me in a hug and all the anger floats away. Our lips are just centimeters apart when Jude interrupts us.
"Sorry to interrupt but mind getting a room?" He said trying to hold back a smile. Robert just picks up a pillow and chucks it at him. We kiss a little too passionately just to mess with Jude. When we pull away we just look at Jude and laugh at his facial expression. We get up from the floor and Robert gets up and checks the time.
"So, it's 5:02. What do we wanna do?" Asks Robert.
"Well we could all go to my house and you," I point at Robert, "can help me pack for tomorrow."
"Let me just go get dressed!" Says Jude.
"Don't you think you should get a coat or something?"
"Well I would but my coat is at the school, my hoodie is in your car, and your wearing my other one.."
"Haha oops."
Jude comes down stairs and and says he's all ready.
"Let's go!" Yells Robert like a little kid while he runs to the door.
"I'm dating a man child." I say while we walk to the door. I walk to the drivers side but Robert beats me to it.
"But I wanted to drive! It is my car..."
"Yes but I bought it for you, and if not mistaken, Im the one who put the gass in the tank."
"Yes and that's because you're a sweet and kind boyfriend and I love you for it."
"Well, I can't argue with that."
"...and?"
"And I love you too." He says, interlacing out fingers.
"You guys are so cute!" Says Jude.
"Son of an cock loving whore! I forgot you were here, damnit!"
"What's with you and that word?" Asks Jude.
"It's my favorite curse word... Duhh!"
We all just laugh as we pull into my driveway.
It's only about 5:00 but it looks like every one is awake in my house... I wonder why.
I reach over and grab my phone -witch Robert has surprisingly not touched since I set that one picture as my screen saver- and unlock it.
When I look at it I see that I have seven missed calls and ten text messages, all from my mom and dad.
"Shit!"
"What is it baby?" Says Robert.
"My mom and dad are trying to get ahold of me and their obviously all awake! They probably think I got kidnapped or something!"
"Oh," says Robert, "that's a problem."
I slowly walk up to the door, afraid of what will be behind it. When I open it everyone turns to look at me.
"Alyssa Elizabeth Miers! Where have you been?!" She says, obviously mad and worried. When she sees Robert walk in her face softens but she is still angry.
"Mom, Robert and I were on the phone and someone came to the door. The other end went silent when he answered the door. The last thing I heard was him saying that he needed me there right then. I just left right then and I was so worried that I didn't think about telling you before I left. I'm sorry."
"It's okay, but who was at the door."
"Well, it was my ex-wife Deborah." Robert says on disgust.
"And why was she there?" Asks my dad.
"I have no idea Greg. All I know is that she started trying to make out with me and neither Jude or I could get her off of me. Alyssa's the one who accomplished that. She went up and slapped her I'm the face but as soon as Deborah started to fight back I took action."
"Well, I alway knew my girl was a fighter."says my dad. Damn, my dad must really like Robert because he's never been this nice to any of my boyfriends.
"I'm just happy all three of you are okay. If you don't mind, I'm going back to bed for the next three hours before I have to be at work."
"Okay haha thanks Greg."
"No problem Robert. I guess you should know this if you don't already, but I really do like you... Son I guess? I mean I can't really call you kid because your not one witch is also a reason I like you better that any of her other boyfriends she's had."
"Wow. Well I'm not to that commitment yet but I know someday.. Possibly soon, I will be."says Robert while smiling at me.
"Well, goodnight...?"
"Haha night dad."
By now everyone else is out of the room.
"So.. Let's pack!"
___________________________
How do you think Florida will go?