❛ hanging tree ❜

i was gone for three months due to personal followings and such, and im trying to get active on here, forgive me! but here's some  trashy edge nobody asked for.

TRIGGER WARNING:
suicide

Are you, are you coming to the tree?

I approached the tree wearily without any source of light. The moon shone brightly on the thick oak, creating and almost dream-like feel to this desolate landscape.

They strung up a man they say who murdered three.

I remember the tales Keith told me over the phone. Of how they used to hang men and women here. Of how this tree might possibly be cursed in the sense that it shall live forever for taking the lives of so many.

Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree.

I've been waiting for a few minutes, casually glancing at my phone every so often to see if maybe he got caught or I'm just being paranoid.

Are you, are you coming to the tree?

I heard a noise, like a grunt and a blunt snap. Sounded like someone was coming this way. I hurriedly began to climb the tree, being careful as to be silent.

Where dead man called out for his love to flee.

Keith and I had planned to come here. Together. I brought my own rope, lugging it in my backpack. I didn't know when he'd arrive, but me and him were hoping we could talk each other out of it before we ended it.

Strange thing did happen here no stranger would it be if we met at midnight it in the hanging tree.

I wondered if Keith had ever come here before. Maybe to just relax, or get away.. maybe to talk himself out of it.. or maybe to attempt.. the thought of it made me grow a bit upset, causing me to feel more determined to talk him through this.

Are you, are you coming to the tree?

Maybe he got himself not to. Maybe he just forgot to text me. Maybe he's on his way.
I wanted him to be here, though, so that I could comfort him and possibly give him some sort of hope.

Where I told you to run so we'd both be free.

I knew for a fact that I myself was going to go through with it. Was I scared? Obviously. I was shaking so violently to the point I could barely see my phone screen. He's on his way. It's all okay.

Strange things did happen here no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree.

I checked my phone once more. It was midnight now, and, maybe I could leave. Maybe he just wasn't coming. I was too cowardous to do it by myself, and, maybe if we wait another day or so, I won't want to take my life anymore.
I slid down from my perch upon one of the oak's large, bulky branches.
Turning on my phone's flashlight, I decided to look around once again.

Are you, are you coming to the tree?

He was here. He was always here. I couldn't stand to see this- couldn't bring myself to look away. It wasn't what I had expected or wanted.

Wear a necklace of rope, side by side with me.

This is what was meant to happen, so why does it feel so wrong? Was it because I didn't fall with him? Was it because I didn't want him to die? Just me..?

Strange things did happen here no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in hanging tree

It took a lot of me to not just burst into a sprint. I began climbing the tree- the side in which Keith's corpse hang limply. I began to work on my own rope, tying it steadily to the limb of the plant.

We were supposed to do this together. I couldn't help but grow.. angry.. at the deceased, beginning to aggressively work on my noose.

"I'm sorry, family, for when you find me, I shall have fallen from my own hanging tree."

snap.