hand in hand ; part two

Lance frowned slightly upon the sight of his friend like that. "You don't have to tell me, I won't push it--" Lance was trying to apologize while also saying he was there for Keith at any time he needed.

"Lance, I was beaten.. I was abandoned.. I trusted my father, but he tore me.." Keith wiped his eyes with his palm. Lance moved in front of him as he cocked his head slightly. "Keith.. You don't have to be alone anymore.. I'm here, and I'll stay by your side.."

Keith laughed sadly as tears rolled down his cheeks. "You weren't supposed to know, actually.." Keith looked at his lap. Lance scoffed, moving his hands to hold Keith's. They were cold, but he didn't mind. "Me? Not supposed to know? How am I supposed to support you.." Lance squeezed his hands gently. "And stay with you, hand in hand.."

Keith felt like he couldn't breathe. Another PTSD attack? No, he wasn't exactly panicking.. Anxiety. He didn't want to trust Lance. He didn't want him to end like it did with his father. He didn't want to be hurt. Well, hurt without him wanting it.

"Lance, you can't.. show me in a few sentences that this won't turn out like him.." Keith pulled back his hands. "And if I can show you?" "I'll trust you with my life.. If you betray that trust, you're going to regret it.."

"Then, I'll make you know that I can love you by the end of the day, I promise!" Lance seemed confident, but secretly, he was filled with worry. Anxiety felt like it was coursing through his blood.

"Then I'll wait here with open arms, and hope that one day we can go hand in hand."

//half of this got deleted but it's alright, had to republish it because of complications! sorry!! lemon/smut comes out today or tomorrow ;)//