goodbye ;

Lance is never this quiet.. and I was alright with that. My last moments with him for probably the next thirty years and neither of us talked. I stared out the window as he drove on. He didn't care to speak.

          I knew tears were spilling into my hands but I made no attempt to get rid of them. All I did was shake my head to myself. This was a dream. A definite nightmare.

           Once we got there, Lance was in a rush to leave. "Wait, La-Lance.." "What!?" He snapped. I flinched and stepped back a bit. "I do-don't want you to leave me!" I confessed, tears creating a small puddle on the concrete.

          "Keith, I can't turn back now! I'll be the first man to ever study a rock from Saturn's rings with my own two hands!" Lance seemed to be begging me to let him go.

          No response came from me, all I did was punch him. I punched him in the arm as hard as I could. "You idiot.." I stomped away from him, wiping the tears from my eyes.

           I got a good spot to watch my lover. To watch my lover fly away. I didn't even say goodbye.

           My heart sank once I heard the countdown from the gathered crowd. It sunk even further as I heard a clank. That's not supposed to happen.

          The rocket exploded mid-launch. The debris slowly fell as  fire lit up my horrified face. "Lan-" I choked on a so as I watched my lover fly away without saying goodbye.